WOF Template: Side/Utility pouches

tbone9600

Active Hunter
Once again WOF's templates came through for me. Thanks! They only took a couple of hours, including distractions, to sew. Sometimes I get side tracked easily.

Utility pouches 001cropped.JPG

Utility pouches 003cropped.JPG

Utility pouches 004cropped.jpg

Very Nice Job!! How did you weather them? They look like they have a lot of duty time.

Real very nice stuff!

Alan

Thanks!

First I lifted the flaps and sprayed a little under them first so they weren't perfectly clean underneath and then I closed them and sprayed it a little heavier on the outside. I used a spray bottle with very thin, black, water-based acrylic paint and just sprayed them, varying the distance of the bottle from the fabric, untill I thgought they looked dirty enough. Then I thought they still looked a little too light so I finished off the bottle of tan dye I used for my cape to darken them up a bit.

Troy

Thanks.

I forgot to mention earlier, and if anyone is wondering... I used the same duck cloth material that I used for the cape.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back