Looking for smaller Helmet Size

Alcfalath

Active Hunter
Hey there everyone,

I've recently recieved a movie size helmet, to find it was absolutely huge on me... :-S and am seriously considering getting a smaller one..

I am a 5'5"-5'6" medium/stocky build, with a 22.5 inch/57.5 cms circumference head, which is 9.5/10 inches high, from chin to top.

What is the best helmet for me, as I really dont want to look like a Bobble head... Id rather go buy a DP97 or a rubies before that...

Anyways if anyone can help, I d love as much as i could get...

Cheers all

After a little digging for the tip of Foxbatkllr, whom to many thanks i owe :D, I have come to the conclusion that the holmet for me is the Don Post '95...

anyone got one lying around they they feel like parting with...?

and if its all set up for a RF servo kit all the better :D

... or any other decent looking one that is a smaller build... as long as it can be done up to look like the RotJ Helmet reasonably easily :D

Cheers Tim, hmm seems like im wandering off the DP 95 then, especially since seeing the domes flat top :S ive been told many types now that would be suitable maybe. Its a pity that I'm no where near anyone who has a few different types that I could try on and feel/see the sizes myself..

I suppose im rather finicky, but if anyone out there knows of one thats RotJ accurate, that is able to have a RF servo system added to it, and is able to fit a head 6.75 inch left side to right, 7.75 front to back, and 8.75 top to bottom, without the bobblehead effect, then perfect. :D Paintjob isnt an issue

Cheers all, hopefully someone out there knows exactly what im after and may be willing to part with one :D

hmmm, pic must have been relabelled.. aaarrggg getting soo many conflicting views... :p Lol ive been told the Altmanns, the Don Post 95 and 96 and a Bobamaker one.. I wish i could hold and try them all on and figure out which one i needed :S

Cheers Zomb... Btw off topic i really love that pic.. :D taking a look now at the DP comparison. How hard is it to get the Rangefinder Upgrade Kits for them... I may have just gotten myself a DP 95 maybe... scouting that out.. and is there any major warping problems/inaccuracies with them?

Thanks, I'm not sure on how hard it is to upgrade a DP range finder, either way, they're not hard to make. I'm sure someone here makes an aluminum stalk that will fit it.

The DP96 has the best shape IMHO. I have one and and incomparison to the 95 & 97 which I have seen both of as well, the 96 is the standout of those 3. It is also smaller in size compared to most of the fan made buckets out there!

Just as a thought, have you considered scaling the WOF plans down a tad and building your own? Although, I have to agree that the DP 95 would be a good way to go.

Has anyone ever done a DP sized fibreglass/resin helmet before...? i know there is the whole thing on 'recasts'... but id be afraid that I would break the plastic DP lol :p plus im guessing they warp a bit...

once you get it you could 'glass the inside that should give it plenty of rigidity to have it stand up to most bumps and bruises short of tossing it off a building. i'll be doing that with my fang's probably next weekend.

thats what i was thinking of doing, although i was having some doubts whether that may work... :p hmmm might do... will just have to see :D

The MLC2 helmet was specifically built for smaller framed hunters. It's size is between a DP and a Movie size helmet. It is built entirely out of fiberglass, comes sanded smooth and primered grey. You'd need to attach the ears, stalk, RF, etc. And provide a visor. The visor area is cut out when you receive the helmet.

If you're interested in more info,
Could I get you to send me a email to my yahoo account- bountyshunted@yahoo.com I keep all MLC Fett Gear pricing, shipping, etc. in a folder there. It's just much easier to keep track of orders in one place.

Many Thanks!

take care,

-Rex

The Don Post 95, 96 are made of a hard vinyl - you'd have a hard time breaking one. It could melt, however, if you leave it in a hot car too long. Could be an issue if you made a cast in resin, but many people here have the Sgt. Fang (which is resin) and have not had problems (a few have though - still thinking of Chris :cry)

The main probem with the DP's are the mandibles, but that can be corrected with a metal ring at the bottom of the helmet. Even a flat dome can be corrected, but you should not have that issue with those helmets. The ones to look for, if you head that way, are the ones with the white interior. My undertsanding is that they are better formed and less prone to melting in hot weather.

Good luck!

Hmmmm.... Grrr for melting.... I live in Western Australia, and it can get really... really... really hot here...

Does anyone know of a DP '95 sized (obviously being the smallest adult sizing) helmet made of something that wont melt or break, ie fibreglass or Resin... for reference here is a pic of me with a movie sized helmet... dont laugh too hard...

helm.gif

Can we say Bobblehead much?

This is mostly why i want the smallest one. i can fit a whole fist sideways between a side of my head and the bucket wall...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back