My Jet Pack

Forcebewitya

Active Hunter
So I decided to make my own jet pack to save some money. it's turning out...ok in my opinion but there's a lot of things that I want to improve on it or would have liked to do differently. Here's the pic, I have yet to make the missile and a few other things.

DSCN2953.jpg

The main thing that bothers me is the unevenness of it, hopefully weathering will cover some of that up. This was my first attempt working with cardboard and fiberglass and since I've improved a lot...thankfully. Let me know what you think and what I could do to improve it.

Forcebewitya.

The main thing that bothers me is the unevenness of it, hopefully weathering will cover some of that up. This was my first attempt working with cardboard and fiberglass and since I've improved a lot...thankfully. Let me know what you think and what I could do to improve it.

Forcebewitya.

Forcebewithya,

Weathering will only cover so much bro, have you thought of maybe sanding/filing down the unevenness, making some straight angles? Since it's fiberglass, I don't think it'll be a problem. But if you can't for whatever reason..i.e. too thin etc, use bondo to shape it up and then sand it down to get the straight angles.

Good luck and thanks for sharing your first scratchbuild, it's got potential!

Stay safe,

Tim.

I've been doing that for awhile now the problem is that it is very thin in places ecspecially the rectangular parts on top. I've sanded once since this picture was taken and I'll probably go over it with bondo and sand one more time but it's getting to be a burden. I'll probably get a new one eventually anyway.

Forcebewitya.

IMHO,

I'd say you've got the basis of a good pack...just gotta work on the details and reshaping to make it a nice one.

Try the bondo and reshaping, it might be alot easier than you think.

Stay safe,

Tim.

yeah my girlfriend said she'd sand it for awhile lol. She's taking an autobody refinishing class so that will be a big part of her job and she's done a great job sanding parts for her Samus Aran costume so I'm going to have her give it a go tomorrow or friday. I'll keep this thread updated with pics it already looks better than this pic.

Forcebewitya.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back