**Official D*Con Photo Thread- SPARTAAAAAAANS!!! - Tonight we dine in ATLANTA!!!

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Bobagoat, Seeker, GotMaul, SWFreak... and crew!!!

spartans1.jpg

spartans2.jpg

spartans3.jpg

spartans4.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

THAT IS FABULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AWESOME costumes .... and Turo ... amazing job on the paint and weathering on those pieces !!!!!!!

Looks like all the training for you Spartans paid off - You look great !

FP

:cry
I told myself I wouldn't look at D*C photo threads for a few weeks, and I know why! I'm so bummed I couldn't make it this year, not being able to get the time off work, but thats the way it goes sometimes... Looks like everyone's having a blast and I love that we've got a fan table now! Now I hope I can score whatever swag you got there, like those posters and t-shirt and maybe one of those shiny coins ;)

Next year my friends, next year :)

I'm up in Chicago, and I have internet access again! That means I can upload my pictures! The con was so much fun ... I'm really glad I got to meet up with some of the folks on here who I haven't seen for a while (some since last Dragon Con) and some folks who I met for the first time.

Like I did after C4, I will pull out a couple of good pictures I got and post them here ... just so y'all don't have to wait while I upload the many photos I have to my Photobucket. I did get quite a bit of pictures!(y) So, here is what I've got:

Here is Travis in his custom Mando, WebChief as Jayne, and me as :
dc022.jpg

Oldtimer, Predatormv, and Gilmore of OK:
dc032.jpg

Seeker & GotMaul in their Spartan costumes:
dc032-1.jpg

Who is this guy to tell me "no disintegrations?!!!":lol:lol::lol:lol:
dc042.jpg

I had the opportunity to meet some members of the Mandalorian Mercs. Here is a picture of them just before the parade. Quite an impressive group!
dc052.jpg

Here is the 501st bounty hunter picture. Only a few short of having all of the hunters there, but I've never seen such a great variety:
dc062.jpg

Here is the picture the Mandalorian Mercs took for Karen Travis. She will be VERY pleased:
dc072.jpg

This is a priceless moment for the both of us pictured here. I am , but who is ????
dc082.jpg

SURPRISE!
dc092.jpg

Yep, it's Gilmore of OK trooping in a Fett costume! He asked me Thursday night if he could step into one of my Fett costumes. I initially thought he was messing around, but he was actually serious. (I swear I have such a hard time distinguishing sarcasm from seriousness:eek:.) When I found out he was serious, I immediately told him he could! It was a priceless moment for him because he hadn't been in Fett armor for about 4 years and NEVER actually trooped in Fett armor. It was priceless for me because #1) father-son Fett trooping is something special to me (there is a long story behind that), and #2) I was able to give the guy a really special moment before he headed off to Iraq. Just writing that almost brings a tear to my eye.

Just a little bit later, evan4218 shows up with something absolutely amazing to see in person. His FPH helmet!:eek:(y)(y)
dc102.jpg

Here is the TDH group photo before we all headed off to dinner:
dc112.jpg

The TDH dinner at Max Lagers (a big thanks to Mirax for putting this together(y))
dc122.jpg

Here is evan4218 in his Crimson Guard ... first time I've seen this one!
dc132.jpg

And here is TK-7602 as and his wife, dancer:
dc142.jpg

AND one more!!! This was hilarious and very impressive at the same time!:lol:eek::lol:thumbsup: One of the 501st TIE pilots acting as a drill sargent came on by, and TDH's very own oldtimer was in his Fett costume. This was what happened shortly thereafter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BhazKOr-j8

Anyway, that's all I have for now. I'll start uploading my pictures later today.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pictures guys, looks like you're having a blast! :p Every year I say the same thing..."Maybe next year" and then next year never seems to work out. It's just like being a Cubs fan. :(

WOW! Awesome pix all the way around. Is anyone on this board making a 300 Persian Immortals suit? I'd love to see a few of them opposite the Spartans. :)

I had fun meeting you guys and hanging out with ya. The moment I had with Seeker and GotMaul in the elevator was priceless. I knew exactly who they were but they had no idea who I was :). I guess I need to post more. Man I look Man-pregnant in that group pic, I need to get on that 300 work out

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back