URGENT!!!! NEED ESB PACK REFERNCE PICS ASAP

slave1pilot

Well-Known Hunter
I have been commisioned to paint an ESB Boba jet pack / jet pack by a very High Profile Entity.
This pack needs to be as accurate as possible & I have 2 weeks to paint it and a Jango pack.
I need as many reference pics of the REAL Boba ESB pack as you guys can give me
Hi-res would rock
Please help me.
Thanx in advance

There really only is one good pic to even be considered for reference when painting an ESB jet pack. It is the one from the Action Figure Archive / Boba Fett armor schematic. If you don't have it I can email them both to you........

Unfortunately that's really it. There are a couple of side shots and dark ones that have the pack, but there is absolutely no real detail. The shot I spoke of isn't too bad, considering it's all there is.

LMK.

Steve

Pm sent for pics

i started painting
I'm using Panzer Olive Green

ESB pack.JPG

Well....
With me being the impatient guy that I am,
I began adding the real scratches where I saw fit.
I still need to add the yellow on the caps,
the maroon to the piano keys,
Red and black on the thrusters,
and the symbols.
Then a nice wash to even it all out.
should be done by tomorrow :lol:

ESB pack1.JPG

Looks like you had the reference pic.....sorry it took me so long:eek: Yours looks really good....POG is a perfect base green to start with in my opinion as I used it also. I would definitely do some washes with an RLM green, some light gray, black and don't forget some black spatter, you can even toss in a tad of the rust....the ESB pack is surely weathered more than some believe as that pic has more reference than most think. ;)

img_00012.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a few bits of weathering I noticed you missed.
weather1fl4.png

wasn't sure if some of those spots were reflections.
I showed the completed pic to the guy commissioning this pack & said it was fine.
I will go back & add the scratches on the Piano keys that I completely forgot. I may add a few more details.

Some in fact are reflections, but I circled what I thought weren't reflections. Some of the reflections are circled, but only because of damage around them.

Very nice job on the pack!!! I feel your frustration about there only really being one good ref photo. Looks like you did as good of a job as possible with the ref we have at our disposal. Only thing I would recomend is doing some subtle weathering as DL44 suggested.
D

slave1pilot

Would you be able to post pics of some of the damage detail you did?

I'm not sure how you achieved the large damaged area in the back, would you be able to dicribe how to do it.

thx

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back