Leather Helmet Skirt

bobamaker

Active Hunter
I finally found some time to finish my Cold Cast Jango helmet so i decided to add the leather skirt that trails around the inner edge of the helmet. I drew up some plans and have got as far as a paper template. This is still at a pretty rough stage but the general shape is there.

As I studied pictures of the ILM version it became apparent that this is quite a complex job, all the segments appear to be separate entities and sewn together before installation.

I will be getting the leather tomorrow and will then put one together, hopefully I can find the correct colour. More pics to follow.

DAZ

Skirt_Plans.jpg

Skirt_MockUp.jpg

I'm currently selling my CC Jango lid as it stands (no gasket). However, I will continue with the skirt template. I've done a few sewing tests (materials, angles etc.) I will shortly be making the prototype along with another Jango helmet in which I will attach it.

If it turns out well I will be producing these for sale.

DAZ

Hey BM - Any updates? Are you planning on selling these? I need one for my FP CC too.

I'm currently selling my CC Jango lid as it stands (no gasket). However, I will continue with the skirt template. I've done a few sewing tests (materials, angles etc.) I will shortly be making the prototype along with another Jango helmet in which I will attach it.

DAZ

So glad to hear that DAZ!

DAZ

Bump...

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back