Opinions Wanted on Gauntlets on eBay

maj hassel

New Hunter
Click here.

Price seems good. I'd probably replace the bits with machined aluminum ones.

Are they recasts?

Anybody else bought from this seller?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide any input,

I swear I've heard that seller's name before. . . but I can't remember the context. :facepalm

EDIT: Just did a search for the seller's name. Only found 2 comments about him, but both were positive. Anyone else had experiences with this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know him and would be very surprised if they were recasts - he HATES recasters. The molds I have seen at his place he has either made, traded something for, or bought. He is a very nice guy (and a member of the 501st) and has been very helpful as I have made my costumes.

That said I have bought things from him in the past, and you sort of get what you pay for. I got a JP from him and part of it is vacuum formed and was really soft. The resin parts though were top notch, however, and I may build another pack around those pieces.

I do have a pair of gauntlets from him and they are ok, but not super accurate. Actually I got some shin tools and a rocket from him that were great, so it's hit and miss.

This is one of those times where you have decide which is more valuable, your time or money? Me, I would probably save up and buy a BKBT, MOW or one of the other sets probably.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back