DSC00218.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

DSC00473.jpg

DSC00478.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

DSC00499.jpg

and yes, thats me doing a He-Man pose with a Hylian Master Sword

after reviewing these pics, i think its finally time to retire this armor. Its served me well after 7 years! I've also outgrown it as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're retiring it?!! Oh no!!! lol I have to say it's one of my favorite mandos I've ever seen... it'll be sad not to see more of it in the future. Hopefully your next mando will be as iconic as this one has been. Are you going to redo Shado's to match your next set?

no. I've had a request from Tom Hodges wife and Tom to make the "red mando" for Lisa.

Ive just pretty much gotten a bit taller since i built it, believe it or not. also the construction on the vest is now substandard. My new vest patterns are better this that one. It will still be seen. for example, i wont be wearing it for con this year, but the costume (designation #3) will be there, worn by the #6 custom mando (Joe) from sandiego.

Your right, but its gotten to that point where the vest is beyond repair and needs to be replaced, id rather build a new mando.

Out here in AZ a bunch of us are all basing designs off my new black Hydra-Hybrid.

oh, okay... can't wait to see it! Believe it or not your Jax mando has inspired a few changes to mine (still in progress), and Shado's mando gave some inspiration to my wife's mando (also still WIP).

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back