Desert Mandalorian Warrior - "J Fenn"

Once I bought my helmet and then my knees, cod piece, and diamond...I started there in MAY/JUNE time frame...after that -- I then bought my armor front and back -- painted the different layers for weathering....

I then moved to the jet pack in July -- all of July -- then I finished off the gauntlets --- basically 12 hours on each one... I used 1/8 inch Sintra and a heat gun... the jet pack and gauntlets were made by hand -- from templates by WOF and LisaFett. I basically worked whole days from morning to night -- I say I have a few hundred hours in this set. From sanding, painting , using Bondo, cutting, fitting, you know -- the whole business....

I think it came together really fast once everything was done --

Joe

I think that's supposed to give it a desert nomadish look (looks Arabic inspired).

I almost think it would look better with a darker flight suit. I know you haven't weathered it..but try putting some different material objects next to the armor. Maybe a dark dirty tan color?

I think that's supposed to give it a desert nomadish look (looks Arabic inspired).
i think it's supposed to be like a shemaugh (don't know if thats the right spelling). Which soldiers sometimes use to keep sand and stuff out of their faces
HLL_SHEMAGH.gif

Corby44 - yes you are correct -- I used this particular one when I went out in public -- it was bought in Iraq at a market shop from a local.

Black is usually worn by Shia - the area I was in - most Sunni where the red. However, I was also told if one makes the pilgrimage to Mecca - they were the red. So - the pants, shirt, shoes, and head wrap came from Iraq. Again, I wanted to stay within Lucas and his vision - but incorporate slowly those things that make this mandalorian unique...

Hope you like it...

J

i like it alot, the colors are different but very unique. the shemaugh is cool too; the only real issue i have is the footwear completely breaks the fantasy of it all for me. are you planning on something different with them eventually?

phil

I love the slight WW2 desert infrantry look to it! I'm also absoutly in love with that gun! It all looks absoutly awsome! :cheers

Thanks for all the comments...

Per the shoes -- I have looked for something - but these I actually wore in Iraq - I had another pair just like them - but those were badly damaged - sp I DX'd them. Until I find a suitable shoe that fits the whole "desert" image I'll probably stick with these. I don't think I will be using combat boots or placing a "armor" plate over them -- I wanted to keep it simple and functioning - since sand is hard to get around in anyways - these shoes are form fitting and don't weigh that much - which is also why I skipped out on the leg plates. Too much armor in sand will bog you down - this is from personal experience. Again - I wanted to incorporate things I wore in Iraq with this armor -- the lace up shoes might not do it for everyone - I knew this when thinking about what type of shoes to wear...but for now - this is it...

Joe

I wouldn't worry all that much about the laces. Thats a preference thing honestly. If at some point it bugs you, just use a pair of boba spats to cover them and it's an easy solution.

All together it's a nice suit of beskar'gam.

just wanted to say that this suit is pretty flipping awesome! i love the gauntlets and jp. i never would've thought of using an M3 for a blaster. brilliant!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back