One of These Things is Not Like the Others -Or- No Hoses for PP1 and PP3?

hellopike

Active Hunter
So I'm looking over my Reference CD for Boba Fett, and I noticed that in all the PP1 pictures, the gauntlets don't have the hoses attached, and the left gauntlet has the "almost ROTJ" (hereby called the ARTOJ) flamethrower...

Then chronologically, you have the PP2 costume we all know and love... (well I love it) With its unique flamethrower shape. And hoses, including the piece on the right gauntlet that directly attaches to the hose...

Then PP3 goes back to the gauntlet setup of PP1- no hoses, missing bit on right gauntlet and AROTJ setup on the left.

Not to mention the PP1 and PP3 both have ESB style belts.

Just weird things I'm noticing for the first time... Seems out of order almost. But whatever. My question is about hoses- Are there any pictures of PP1 or PP3 with hoses? What about those of us who have PP1 or PP3 costumes? Do you wear hoses? What about the bit missing on the right gauntlet?

Phil

Funny you mention that. I was just at Home Depot scouting possible hose material. I really like the look it gives the suit. I'm shooting for a Pre Pro based suit. No, mine will not be insanely accurate, but I'm including the hoses on mine. They look cool. They give the gauntlets an extra something kind of the way a bayonet fixed onto a rifle does. It looks like you freakin' mean business.

BTW, what diameter are the hoses and do they just connect to a fitting in the backplate of the armor?

bobarotj3a.jpg

AS far as those hoses go, I picked up one of those kitchen sink spray guns from walmart for $7 and used that. It was 4' long and it worked fine. As for attaching them... originally I had mine going to up behind my backplate (as they are in the reference pictures) and attaching with velcro, but it was hard to suit up with them that way and the tubes didn't want to stay so I ended up attachin them under the short sleeves of the jumpsuit similar to tk409's tutorial on his website.

Phil

The PP1 and PP3 (and albino, actually) left gauntlet doesn't have an ROTJ flame thrower on it. It has another type all it's own. It's more tubular, kind of like a triangle pipe with a circle pipe stuck in the end for the "flame unit" if I remember correctly.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back