How to destroy a scratchbuilt pack Tutorial:

dung0beetle

Active Hunter
:cry
Step 1. Prepare to move across Texas.
Step 2. Have your Star Wars hating spouse pack all your Fett stuff.
Step 3. Have your Star Wars hating spouse pack all of your Fett stuff in to the truck first, so all the heavy books and furniture can keep it nice and snug against the walls of the truck.
Step 4. Have a heart-attack when you open the box !:eek::cry:(

...all it needed was paint:cry

Last edited by a moderator:
p.s. She doesn't really HATE Star Wars, she just wants me to "grow up".

I divorced my wife for THAT very reason! And got custody of my two children and moved us directly to Never Never Land (AKA Corbin, Ky)!:lol:

Okay, maybe that wasn't the real reason, but I did get tired of hearing, "are you working on your stupid Boba Fett costume again!?"

Now she calls wanting to know if I've sold any helmets recently, and then asks if she can borrow some money.:angry

Oh no. . . sorry to hear about that. :(
I had a similar experience with some completed model kits when we moved from Germany to Arizona.
Those clowns just threw about 6 of my models into a box with NO padding, NO cushioning whatsoever. I about cried when I opened that box.
One of them was a rare SMT TIE Bomber that I had won in a contest over on starshipmodeler.com. Out of production. . . out of luck. :cry
Stupid movers.

::cringe:: Was it just the pack? Is it salvagable?

Just the pack. It was crushed, even the pvc. It looked like someone ran it over with a car, and then backed over it a few times. It was a scratchbuild and it didn't cost me anything except paint (un-used paint). I am going to do another one in sheet metal. I am building a cnc machine out of some car window motors and a dremel. (If you want to know how, check out the instructable. http://www.instructables.com/id/EBZ3QQVF3HY3SL2/

There are others, but this one is closest to what I am doing.

The sheet metal one should weigh a bit less than the pvc and sintra one, because the metal is thinner. I was thinking of getting back at her by making her go as Jabba this halloween, but I don't think she'll go for it. :lol:

I just hope my future husband won't tell me to grow up. haha. :p

Sorry to hear about that. I can imagine after spending a lot of time on something like that...

Wow my wife once told me to grow up too. I asked her what our kids would do if I did? I asked her what it was about me she loved? I had her try to envision what i would be like IF i did.....Then I revealed that i would be a soulless workaholic without any passion or sense of fun...Her EX HusBand. She realized that If I let her smoke w/o nagging she would not nag me about my addiction. hahahahhah
Sorry about teh scratch builts They are a lot of work It pains me just hearing of a crushed scratchbuilt.

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you should never get married. Unless, you marry Princess Leia. LOL. hope this 2nd JP turns out to be even better then your other one.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back