Izim

Hunter
working for a while and im almost done

80% done.JPG

chest.JPG

back.JPG

Izim,

Looking good so far.

Try finding a belt that does not look so earth bound, it`ll increase the effect of the outfit.

Do you plan on getting knee armor and boot armor covers (Jango style) for your outfit?

Keep the progress pics coming.

I think your "butt armor" needs to be flipped horizontally.

Also:
Get a different belt
Hide the laces on your boots (lases, whatever)
Trim the armor so it fits you, layer some damage on it, acrylic wash it, and find a different way of attaching it, (as said earlier) it seems to be sliding off.

Those are just suggestions.

Just my quick input as far as the chest armor. Just my opinion for a more squared away look, Ive mentioned this before, but the top outer corners of the chest pieces should be almost lined up with the bottom outer corners of the collar armor. Notice in the pic, I circled what I mean. Looks great though.

jangopic.jpg

-tubachris

to JK, yea, its the only belt i have right now, i plan on having a few, girth, small and a han solo quick draw

to jango5204, i think i may do a wash, make it look grimy n oily

to gcn gamer, its attached directly to the flight suit by velcro it is a bit too large for me but the reason it looks so huge is cause it isnt attached as close as it can be

to tuba chris, thanks for the tip, i didnt line it up in the mirror like i should have but ill keep that in mind,

to the clayster, thanks for repeating what other people say

thanks for all the help

to JK, yea, its the only belt i have right now, i plan on having a few, girth, small and a han solo quick draw

to jango5204, i think i may do a wash, make it look grimy n oily

to gcn gamer, its attached directly to the flight suit by velcro it is a bit too large for me but the reason it looks so huge is cause it isnt attached as close as it can be

to tuba chris, thanks for the tip, i didnt line it up in the mirror like i should have but ill keep that in mind,

to the clayster, thanks for repeating what other people say

thanks for all the help

No problem, you are just making common mistakes.

You asked questions that have been answered a Million Times before, so if I repeat it, not my fault.

You're quite welcome.

Now work on that costume.

every question that was asked has been answered, and i thank the people who have been kind enough to lend me some know how, it wouldn't have gotten this far with out all your info, except clayster, clayster sucks

every question that was asked has been answered, and i thank the people who have been kind enough to lend me some know how, it wouldn't have gotten this far with out all your info, except clayster, clayster sucks
You have my name wrong.

It's "The Clayster"
not just Clayster.

Quit bickering guys, it doesn't achieve anything.
Some good progress there Izim and some sound advice to improve it. Are you planning on adding a cod-peice? Not to mention knees ect.

Looking good so far Bud, just a couple of adjustments like everyone said above and you'll be on your way. No first test fitting ever looks perfect, that's what they are there for. Have you sewn the velcro into the flight suit, or is it just stickied on? If you do a search on these boards there is a couple of really good pics of the vest (in your case the flightsuit) without the armour on showing where to place the velcro to ensure a nice even fit of all the torso pieces, PM me if you don;t find it and i'll email you the pics i have.

Like Orthar said, do you plan on any leg armour at all, or leaving it as is roughly? What overall theme are you looking to achieve when it's all done?
Correct me if i'm wrong but the current theme is maybe a scout of some sort, or a combat medic judging by that satchel bag your carrying?

Keep up the good work, let us know of your progress:)

I believe he is doing a a mando scout type. I showed him a pic on the mercs site form onesixthwarriors.com and he loved the ventilator sans helmet the light mando scout had. Probably one of the best non-helmet looks I've ever seen and definitely worth using.

I love how the dark green sleeves go into those gloves! Do you plan to weather it any further, because you did a great job with the blaster marks, I wouldn't mind seeing some more of those. I like the big pouches too. You did a great job on it! :cheers:

Izim and The Clayster cut it out.

Izim, The Clayster is just trying to help.

Both of you read this for the CoC

RESPECT

Treat others as you would like to be treated. Respect fellow members and their opinions. Respect must be extended to each and every member, the administrative staff included. Be polite and courteous to others and keep your messages in good taste.Disagreements are bound to happen. Approach them in a civil manner, with respect to the other person's point of view.Should you feel someone has crossed the line and is being disrespectful to you, contact a member of the administrative staff and allow them to handle the situation.If a member's family, gender, race, national origin, etc. is maliciously involved in an argument, the offending member will face an immediate ban. On a final note, respect for the opposite sex must be shown at all times.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back