Incidental damage.... How do you handle it?

hellopike

Active Hunter
So my Boba Fett is nearly done, and I've noticed that in the few times wearing the full rig I'm getting some incidental damage- like my gauntlets rubbing across part of the chest armor when reaching for something of adjusting, and it marks the chest armor up... Its not bad, but its there. Is this just an issue I have to get used to with boba fett? Maybe I'll lay down some more clear coat.

Phil

I'd lay down some more clear coat just to keep color from transferring, I think the overall armor scratching other armor just adds to the used look

I always touch up my scratches with more paint. It may not be canon, but I believe it gives a better overall look to battle armour.

I ended up touching up my torso armor with some spray paint and didn't ruin the rest of the weathering! So woo! So long as the damage is minimal, I'll be leaving it. As you all said, it gives it a nice unique beat up look. And I mean really, Boba Fett is a working man, his stuff takes some knocks.

thanks for the perspectives though.

Phil

All of my stuff has several coats of DullCote coating it, so there's never any paint transfer, though in 5+ years of wearing my suit up to 20 times per year, accidents DO happen. If you don't want it scratched, don't wear it. Just imagine how the REAL suit looked BEFORE it was worn! Probably a LOT less "weathered". There's no telling how much it got weathered by getting banged around by Jeremy! :lol:

We just happen to see the suit after everyone was "done with it". I'm sure the amount and degree of scratches and dings evolved during filming. If you want a dead-on screen-accurate suit, paint it up and put it on a mannequin, otherwise, wear it and enjoy it (and don't worry about the incidental damge you do to it). ;)

I cover up damage if I think it takes away from the look I was going for. A perfect example would be where my guantlet rubs on the rifle stock greeblies. Over time that wears down to the bare, white plastic. I don't like that look so I touch it up with more paint and blend it in.

There are other minor scratches that just show the aluminum under coloring and I think that looks great. Looks like bare, exposed metal or something.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out the MoM RotJ belly plate and you can see where the blaster has taken off a ton of paint. Personally I just think it adds to the look.

Yea I personally hate when that happens. I don't do anything about it because I don't want to repaint my entire suit after every troop. My right gauntlet has a ton of paint transfer marks on it and nothing I do seems to help. Heck even my jumpsuit has some paint transfer from the knee armor!That is why my Fett suit is being retired to a mannaquin (actually it's alreday on one but it looks like it is going to come of for Dragon Con).

Check out the MoM RotJ belly plate and you can see where the blaster has taken off a ton of paint. Personally I just think it adds to the look.

I'll have to find a photo of it somewhere's and see. =)

Yea I personally hate when that happens. I don't do anything about it because I don't want to repaint my entire suit after every troop. My right gauntlet has a ton of paint transfer marks on it and nothing I do seems to help. Heck even my jumpsuit has some paint transfer from the knee armor!That is why my Fett suit is being retired to a mannaquin (actually it's alreday on one but it looks like it is going to come of for Dragon Con).

Hanging up Boba Fett?! Well I'm sure you had a good run, but why? Just moving to something new?

Yep. Me three! I also have some reddish look to the top of my codpiece where the girth belt sits.

I think I dodged a bullet here- My gurthbelt was homemade with the same stuff as Azheat01's display. It was pre-dyed boating/sporting rope. But I won't know for sure until my first troop.

Phil

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back