ROTJ Helmet Paint job by ME!

Predatormv

Well-Known Hunter
Well a while ago I was commishioned to paint a SGT Fang bucket for a member here. I will let him step up and say hello if he wishes (also I don't know his screen name on here I was contacted through E-mail). But in the end he wanted it painted ROTJ style so that is how it came out. I used Micke's/Evan4218's paint list (thanks guys) except I used Boxcar red for the mandibles and C&O Enchantment Blue for the upper cheaks. The kill stripes are hand painted, everything else was airbrushed. The weathering is layered with a few topical spots. The only thing I didn't do was the RF stalk and RF. The pics are thanks to the new owner of the helmet so these are all I have of them right now. So here she is, let me know what you think!

Helmetc1.gif

Helmetc2.gif

Helmetcclose.gif

Helmetc3.gif

I was wondering on how to get the ROTJ paint list from Mickie's/Evan4218, if you could give me a link or somehelp that would be great.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Jimmy: I got the helmet some time after CIV and painted it in about a week or so.

Superjedi: Yea C&O Blue is a floquil color. Lee suggested it to me a while ago to use on my pre-pro2 helmet for the upper cheaks and I think it looks great. It changes colors depending on the light. In some pics it looks black, in some it looks blue, and in some it even turns a bit green. I forgot to mention I hand painted the uppercheaks also.

I will post the list here of the colors I used.

Dome and lower cheaks: Humbrol Matt 31
Upper cheaks: Floquil/polyscale C&O Enchantment Blue
Mandibles: Floquil Boxcar Red (make sure it is the enamel from Floquil not the acrylic from Polyscale as they look different)
Back: Tamiya TS-43 Racing Green misted over this color is Humbrol 88. I used the Racing green as the base coat then misted over it with the Humbrol 88 until it was the color and texture I wanted.
Kill Stripes: Floquil Milw Road Orange (Micke's list suggests something else but I liked how the Floquil paint looked so I used it)
Grey around scratches: Floquil SP Lark Dark Grey
Little black marks were done with a black Sharpie marker

The ears were a simple technique to paint, I just painted them with a base coat of silver (Krylon silver spray paint same as the entire helmet) then once fully dry I misted a mix of brown and black onto it. Then I lightly wet sanded off until I was happy with it. On my Pre-pro2 helmet I did the same thing but used Floquil Grimey black and Floquil Rust (the rust was painted on while the black was still kind of wet to make them blend together) hand painted on to get the same effect.

I noticed that humbrol 31 is a dark gray and not a green color. Are you sure you used that color for the dome and lower cheeks. Humbrol 30 is a dark green. Where do you get your humbrol paints from because I'm going crazy trying to find a place in the US that has them and a place in the UK that will send them to the states. Any info would be most appreciated.

Yea I am sure I used the grey color for the dome and cheaks. The color has a greenish tint to it.

I had another member send me those paints, I don't know where to get them.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back