Attaching Armour : Tutorial

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Just finished attaching my chest armour to the vest. i used steel eyelets, as can be seen on the ILM props. i bought the eyelets from a 'Hobbycraft' store, they are very easy to attach, everything is included in the pack except a hammer.

You can trace around your own armour onto cardboard for a template, but make sure that you keep the same curvature or the holes in your jacket won't line up with the bolts on your armour when finished.

Just a note: If you wish to troop in your armour you will need to cut off any excess bolt when finished (a dremel will do the job), get the bolt as short as possible so it won't dig into you.

Attach_Armour_01.jpg

Attach_Armour_02.jpg

Attach_Armour_03.jpg

Attach_Armour_04.jpg

Attach_Armour_05.jpg

Attach_Armour_06.jpg

Attach_Armour_07.jpg

Attach_Armour_08.jpg

Attach_Armour_09.jpg

Attach_Armour_10.jpg

good job Daz !
i search how i fix my bobamaker armor on my flak jacket now i see the answer ! but can i fix the bolt without maked a hole ?

Very good idea, DAZ!

Got a question for people trooping in the armor. After walking around and putting the armor on and off for multiple events, there may be chance one of the bolts may come loose. Would you recommend using a thread-locker (like medium strength lock-tight) to prevent this from happening?

Great Idea! And I really like your addition of the hot glue MandaloreFett, just peel the glue off when you need to and reglue it. Hot glue's cheap. I think this is the route i'll end up going.

Great job Daz! I have been meaning to do a tutorial on this forever.

If anyone is curious, I know how to make it with a pretty accurate pattern for attachment, and many other things too if anyone is intrested.

Can't wait to see your finished costume!

Really nice to see this method being so nicely laid out. If anyone asks, this is the way to go. Thank you BM!:cheers

Hi

Try these, they're called "locking end caps" or "star washers" these will be perfect :) These won't come off whilst trooping.

DAZ

Very good idea, DAZ!

Got a question for people trooping in the armor. After walking around and putting the armor on and off for multiple events, there may be chance one of the bolts may come loose. Would you recommend using a thread-locker (like medium strength lock-tight) to prevent this from happening?

Washers.jpg

Why would you need to take your armor off?:confused;):p

after hours of trooping in the heat wearing (maybe) a t-shirt, then the jumpsuit, then the padded vest, then a layer of some sort of plastic or other hard material to hold in the heat and the vest is bound to get stinky. If not you could end up spilling something on it or having someone spill something on you.

That's cool... I more or less did the same with the grommets on my ESB Boba. What I like is I can get the vest really tight up against the back of the armour, no gap like I had with snaps or velcro

Just when i needed a better method, you come up with the goods :). Thanks Daz (y)

oh the new method will work wonders with some new armour i am about to order :lol: expect the order any day soon daz

Great method Daz, I think I'll upgrade to this with my current armor even before I upgrade to my newer armor. I also really like your tutorial method, very easy to follow.

This thread is more than 2 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back