Metal gauntlet buildup from WOF templates.

I know this may be a bit of a redundant question, but you don't weld these, correct? When using a glue (goop) how do you get rid of the seams, and how well do they hold up? :confused

I'm wanting to make a metal set for several reasons, but they're going to have functionality built in, so they need to not only be metal, but very sturdy as well.

Thanks!

lets just say, to destroy these, you would have to stomp on them or beat em with a hammer.they are very strong.I have dropped em a few times, and they held up.
Now they are obviously not indestructable, so i would not recommend doing anything violent in them.lol
Goop when dry is extremely powerful.
and some seams are inevitable, but i hide them well, by shaving the corners and such with my dremel, and it gives it a smooth edge.I have 2 sets of ESB's that are almost complete and ready to go to the buyers.I'll let them speak for the quality.
I know i said i was going to post em then sell em, but these were purchased before completion by past customers/friends.
Anyway , the set that has the flamethrower I made attached will be posted soon.
Wicked

Ok here is the ESB set that I just finished and shipped out.I know the wires are supposed to be certain colors, but I had red ones so that is what i used.As for darts, I went with the rivets, as they look good and have that beat up look to em.The dental expanders, I make myself so they too are metal.
the flamethrower was designed, and made by me from found items, all metal except for a couple parts which i made from wood.
anyway, here goes.
Picture305.gif

Picture306.gif

Picture307-1.gif

Picture309-1.gif

Picture313.gif

Picture315.gif

Picture317.gif

Picture316.gif

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, you're one of my favorite artisans man! (y)

I love your work. I still have your original ESB armor from two years ago.(y) I'm going to have to save up for some Wickedbeard gauntlets too!

Thanks MF, it feels good to have a fan base.lol, seriously, I always appreciate the compliments.It is what keeps me going in this crazy hobby.

Man, I have seen some metal gauntlet attempts before, but never any that looked so good. I know that getting the detail is much harder with metal, but those look as good as most of the vac formed and fiberglass gauntlets out there. Very well done my friend.

If I'm not mistaken - I think those are the bad boys probably waiting for me when I return home....I can't wait to get back and see them in person!!! Fantastic looking stuff.
:cheers

just curious, but would you be willing to make a custom pair? i'd love to have aluminum gauntlets (my entire armor set is going to be metal) and have found all the things i need except for the gauntlets. pm man, if you can do that.

WB are you lining the inside of the gauntlets with anything? I know you add backing to your chest armor, so I'm wondering if you do something similar to these?

I just have to say that I finally received the ESB gauntlets---there is a crazy post story that I'll have to share with Wickedbeard later...all I can say is
WOW!!!!!
Amazing all the way. They totally feel that they could be a practical gauntlet - not at all a costume piece. These are seriously Fett!!

You are an incredible artist! I am totally blown away.

Cheers
MS(y)

Yes, those are beeeautiful indeed. Could you tell me what thickness you are using on those metal gauntlets? It seems that is is at least 0.08" (2mm) thick, if not thicker on some points. I'm pondering on starting on my own gauntlets, and I found out that the sheets that I have can be cut easily with power scissors.
Great work on those indeed!
Cheers, Ville

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back