Metal gauntlet buildup from WOF templates.

I use galvanized sheet metal for everything I make.To hold it all together?Goop!!
Not too sure what you mean by MIG,TIG, and SWG.lol Forgive me if I sound ignorant.

Sorry! I'm still in work mode.

Standard Wire Gauge. I was wondering about material thickness basically.

and GOOP!? whaaaaa!? That's ace!

did you have to adapt the WOF templates much or was it pretty straight fwd?

I might have a shot at these when the rest of the armour's done. All i'll need is a metal jet pack after that... dum dum duuuuuuum...

Good job dude!

I did use the templates, but with metal it's never straightforward.You know that I'm sure.lol..Seems like when the project is all done, all the designs are different from the templates.They are a great starting point.I recommend that everyone with basic craft skills give these a shot.When it is all done it offers a wonderful sense of accomplishment.
Metal jet pack is another thing I wanna tackle, but I am having a hard time getting actual sizes from the templates.I cannot figure out how to print the templates to where they are actual size.
anyway, soon as my calc pad arrives, I will be posting the finished gauntlets in all their glory.I got the missile attached and weathered up real nice.I also did up the flamethrower nozzles to better match the exhibit pics.
stay tuned.
Next project will be the ESB version, then I will try a set of jangos gauntlets.

Almost done.Calc pad is on the way, and I am almost done with the side hose connections, so here they go.
Picture091-1.gif

Picture096.gif

Picture095.gif

Picture099.gif

Picture100.gif

Say! Thats one snazzy missle on there! ;)

You have done an outstanding job on these! I wish I had this much skill with metal!

Ok well, the time has come.Metal ESB gauntlets have been started, and pics will come soon.I figured I would just use this thread instead of wasting space with another one.
Stay tuned.

Wow, amazing work you did on that gauntlets. I' m more than impressed. If you have planed to do a run...which costs can we expect for an fully painted set? Lookin forward to your progress pics.

Cheers

Hello,

They came out great and metal to boot!! Congrats!

The jet/rocket pack templates were updated a while ago to a PDF file format so that they will print out on standard 8"X11" paper so there is no longer any problems in print it out. Though you will have to peice the templates back together. It is 56 pages so make sure that the printer is loaded and ready to. Here is the link:

http://home.comcast.net/~wizardofflight/Boba_Fett_Jet Pack_SS15.zip

Give it a try and let me know if you have any issues.

Alan

I did use the templates, but with metal it's never straightforward.You know that I'm sure.lol..Seems like when the project is all done, all the designs are different from the templates.They are a great starting point.I recommend that everyone with basic craft skills give these a shot.When it is all done it offers a wonderful sense of accomplishment.
Metal jet pack is another thing I wanna tackle, but I am having a hard time getting actual sizes from the templates.I cannot figure out how to print the templates to where they are actual size.
anyway, soon as my calc pad arrives, I will be posting the finished gauntlets in all their glory.I got the missile attached and weathered up real nice.I also did up the flamethrower nozzles to better match the exhibit pics.
stay tuned.
Next project will be the ESB version, then I will try a set of jangos gauntlets.

Heres what how I printed mine.

After unzipping the files I then

• Opened each sheet with Paint
  • Went to Page Setup in the File Menu
  • Turned off the Horizontal and Vertical centering
  • Changed margins to Left: 0.25 Right: 0.25 Top: 0.07 Bottom: 0.46 (actually if you just put in .01 for each value it changes to these automatically)
  • In Scaling: mark adjust to and use 140%
This worked well for me and made each square of the grid 1"x1"

It took a few tests (and quickly hitting cancel on the printer :lol:) to get the 140% thing. If nothing major has changed on them since around June/July/August of last year (06) this will probably still work.

Metal Jet Pack build will be fun to watch!!!!

Hello,

The jet pack templates were revised and converted to a PDF file to elliminate the printing problem folks were having. The link I posted above is to the new templates. The first few pages are not full size but are to show how to piece all the sheets together.

Alan

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back