Aluminum ears........

psberetta

Active Hunter
These are NOT cold cast and were made for my "DP 95".
I was having some problems making these when one of my co-workers said......STOP SWEARING and let me see that :lol:.

So that being said, I can NOT take credit for these.

(y)"Co-worker"(y)

We looked at the MOM pics and made some size changes to the "DP" measurements to make them more to my liking. So yes, the aluminum one is a little WIDER that the one on the "DP".

Yes, They are machined aluminum. The one that still has the mill marks on it has a few "whoopsies" on it, one does not have the top milled, but the one that is done and ready to go has been sandblasted but still needs scuffed and weathered for the ROTJ job.

I know the paint blows on the DP. Its a pre "anal" paint job :).

So, what do you think so far ?
And yes, we are making the other side also.

-Tim-

BTW.....ALL of the dimentions can be changed with the "PROPER" permission to fit other helmets, and ONLY from the "MAKER".

DSC01254.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01256.jpg

DSC01259.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, come on.... do you really need to ask how it looks? It looks fantastic as usual Timmy! :cheers(y)(y):eek:(y)... Yeah, that about covers it.

PS you skills and work is that of an ole' World Mastercratsman. I continue to be amazed at what are you going to come up with next-well done. BTW do you have any that would fit a Sgt Fang, that I am preparing to tackle in the next couple of weeks?
Thanks, and sure wish you could turn me out a set for the inside center piece of the rocket motor thrust cones (The "X"). Already have the outboard thrusters you made, and would love to complete the aluminum dress-up of the JP.

if you plan on doing a run of these Tim, count me in!! any chance of you doing the other side where the RF is located? that would be sweet if you did. thanks, bert

Those are the FIRST and I do mean ABSOLUTE FIRST set of machined Boba Fett ears that I have ever seen. I tried like heck to get some made years back to no avail....alas my helmet is done and now I can only admire from afar:D

Gorgeous!!

Steve(y)

BTW.....ALL of the dimentions can be changed with the "PROPER" permission to fit other helmets, and ONLY from the "MAKER".

Tim, your attention to detail preceeds you as usual.

With all due respect to Tim and his co-worker's efforts, the official position of Rogue Studios and myself is that the dimensions of our previously released resin ears not be duplicated in whole or in part. We didn't profit from it and we don't feel it would be ethical for others to find profit from our hard work as well. We appreciate the caveat PS'B(y).

Not intended to threadjack, but the RS aluminum ear photo comparison below is only meant to solidify our position seeking fair treatment. DL44, I guess this makes the second set. Good luck all.

Image3.jpg

With all due respect to Tim and his co-worker's efforts, the official position of Rogue Studios and myself is that the dimensions of our previously released resin ears not be duplicated in whole or in part.

Very well put and understood.

As per my first post, these are for a "DP 95".
The ONLY way to get these for another helmet is to have permission from the "Maker" of said helmet.

That being said, "Rouge Studios" and "Single Seats" ear dimensions will not be copied.

They are a long way off from being available anyway as the right ear parts have yet to be finished.
I was just way to pumped to hold back :lol:.

-Tim-

Tim, your attention to detail preceeds you as usual.

With all due respect to Tim and his co-worker's efforts, the official position of Rogue Studios and myself is that the dimensions of our previously released resin ears not be duplicated in whole or in part. We didn't profit from it and we don't feel it would be ethical for others to find profit from our hard work as well. We appreciate the caveat PS'B(y).

Not intended to threadjack, but the RS aluminum ear photo comparison below is only meant to solidify our position seeking fair treatment. DL44, I guess this makes the second set. Good luck all.

PSB said his are for a DP95... what is the point of your post Chris?

PSB said his are for a DP95... what is the point of your post Chris?

Justin,

I think Chris was referring to this statement by Tim

He was just pointing out that the RS ears would not be on the list of allowed "dimension changes".

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back