Visor Color

Toki

New Hunter
Hello all, as you can see i'm new here to tdh so please excuse any of my stupidity. Anyway I was pondering if anyone has ever made a bucket with a visor other than in the "standard" black. I was thinking about making mine (when i ever get around to it) with a sliver-ish blue tint, like the odst of halo 2.

Some have used dark green and red, though the red I don't think if works well, becuase you can see the person's face as clear as a red day. The Dark Green is fine, but you can still see a good green day (hahaha). Valcar used gold on his last mando.

Some who have built Republic Commando helmets have tinted their visors blue to get a better blue effect. Here's some pics from a Delta Squad over in the UK:
http://forum.clonetroopers.net/index.php?showtopic=5355

I'm not sure how, but I think they use a normal black visor than add some kind of color tinted film over it. The guys over there know more about it than I do, but some of them play around here on TDH. Maybe they can clear up some details?

I think most who want a chromish tint to their visors have used actual colored chrome visors for motorcylcle helmets. I don't know about its pliable ness to curve to a Fett helmet, as I haven't dabbled with one yet, but I think if I where to want one like it, it would be the way to go.

If you can find some reflective window tinting, that would work also. Problem your going to get using any kind of layered tinting is going to be bubbles.

thanks for the replies, i am leaning towards the window tinting idea, when i ever decide i'll post a pic.

Some people use chrome like tinted visors on there Clones....I know its an approved color for a clone as is black...window tint would be the best way to make it long enough to cover a custom mando helmets opening

I'm using a mirrored blue finish on mine, plan on using tinting film, when I find it I'll let u know where to look

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back