NEW!! Fettpride Bucket aka "FPH" !!

I good thread almost ruined!!

thanks Lee for jumping in!!

SS chill man....lots of people are afraid of Spiders...its OK man

We all know LEES Helmet is the BEST...its a cast off the original

and I think we all now believe FP's new bucket might be the BEST Fanmade....

so in short they are both awesome..end of discussion!!

now lets all go watch ESB tonight and remember its just STAR WARS not religion or politics we are talking about!!!

Now that everyone's chilled, we can return to the fawning and adulation...GREAT FRICKIN' HELMET!!

THANK THE MAKER I got my money back from amiadfilter (rookie mistake--I'd rather not go into it right now).

Where's the sign up sheet for the first run? Huh? Where? Where? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the sign up sheet for the first run? Huh? Where? Where? :eek:

Yes back on track.;)

FP should be coming out with all the details soon(y).....
looks like there might be some addtional Exciting details that have yet to be mentioned with this new bucket....fingers-crossed!(y)

:)As Promised....

Terminal Fettler vs FPH

i18324_PROTOFPESBTFvs.jpg

(y)(y)...Both AWESOME HELMETS!(y)

:)

Hey Spidey, what was your impression of the FPH compared to TF? I'm finding the picture confusing because in the first image the TF looks overall larger; the dome and Tshape, but the 2nd and third the FPH seems larger. looking at it in photoshop and superimposing the two, the FPH seems slightly larger overall with longer mandibles. Is that a true assumption?

Phil

Hey Spidey, what was your impression of the FPH compared to TF? I'm finding the picture confusing because in the first image the TF looks overall larger; the dome and Tshape, but the 2nd and third the FPH seems larger. looking at it in photoshop and superimposing the two, the FPH seems slightly larger overall with longer mandibles. Is that a true assumption?
Phil

In my opinion I think the TF is the closest thing to the new FPH in terms of details out of all the helmets we looked at...
Over all the TF is very close in size, not as wide, and slightly taller than the FPH..(y)

And just for the record all the fan-made helmets we looked at are all great helmets(y), we just wanted to give people an over all picture of the size of the FPH based on what people currently have, nothing more.
...Heck I wish I could own all of them as a collector, but the wifey won't let me...:lol:

Wider then the TF, eh? Huh. The TF helmet is a big helmet. But I agree about what you said earlier- the real deal is a big helmet. I didn't realize just how big until I saw mine for the first time. I'm also happy to hear that the TF is closest overall to the FPH though. =)

Phil

Wider then the TF, eh? Huh. The TF helmet is a big helmet. But I agree about what you said earlier- the real deal is a big helmet. I didn't realize just how big until I saw mine for the first time. I'm also happy to hear that the TF is closest overall to the FPH though. =)

Phil

What I meant was, the "details" like the mandible rim, most of the edges, the key slot box on the TF, are all similar and have very clean edges like the FPH helmet.
But over all the TF is ultimately Bigger because of it's hieght.(y)....i have a ton more shots, some straight on shots. I can post those if you'd like.?? let me know? :)

Alex

Hey everyone !

My apologies for not being able to participate in this thread until now. As Alex already posted, I am in the process of a big move. Third leg of the process. Still not done yet, but getting there. It just requires me to be going back and forth from where I'm currently located, and where I'm moving from time to time.

Where to start? This thread has already grown, so I'll have to attempt to address everything I can. If I miss something, feel free to call me on it, and I'll do my best.

First order of business ...

Many thanks to Alex (Spideyfett), Justin (Evan4218 ), and Jason (Darth Miller) for their contributions, and efforts in this project. They've been a tremendous help every step of the way. From our initial conversations, to their feedback in it's conception stages, to heading up it's introduction and workin their glutes off to take great pictures and answer your questions and comments. It's an extraordinarily hectic time in my life right now, if they had not been so gracious, this project wouldn't have seen the light of day for a long time. Keep in mind, they all have lives of their own. So I am grateful ... couldn't have done it without you guys !! :cheers

A second round of thanks goes out to Lee (Rogue Studio's) and Chris (SS) for being so cool about letting a their RF Earcap Assembly be used for the pictures. I was in such I time crunch before I left for Indy this last time, I didn't have a chance to make the remaining pieces. It woulda looked pretty naked without them. Not to mention, I think that those accurate caps do a 'lil somethin for the look of the bucket too ;) Thanks guys (y)

The FPH ...

Where to start? K, first and foremost, let me address a few of your private concerns and questions.

Question #1 - Is this one of your un-released ROTJ Helmets from back in 2004/2005?

Answer #1 - Absolutely NOT. It will be very evident soon, when I post a comparison of these two helmets together. This helmet is larger, in every way. I know it was the shape of the dent that threw those of you off that asked this question.. The dent is NOT the same either. The FPH dent is a SCRATCH made dent, and is about 20% larger. Again, it will be clear when I post comp shots at a later date. I have to dust off the un-used ROTJ bucket mold and pull a quick copy to illustrate this.

Question #2 - Is the FPH a re-worked / remastered "Master Replica" recast?

Answer #2 - Believe it or not, the question has not been asked, but it's been implied. Absolutely NOT. Again, this will be evident soon, as I will make a gallery of build up pictures from start to finish available on my website very soon. It won't be anything real organized, in any real order, as they're just pics I took with my cell phone at different stages along the way, but they're all there.

Question # 3 - Is the FPH a re-worked / remastered recast of a "Mystery Helmet", of "Terminal Fettler" helmet ?

Answer #3 - Absolutely NOT, and absolutely NOT. Again, pics to follow, read on :)

Question #4 - Why do a new helmet, when the MSH2 was still a popular choice?

Answer #4 - This answer is multi-faceted. The MSH2 was of course conceived from an original MSH. A helmet that has stood the test of time, sculpted by our very own Natty15d. A terrific sculpt. Admittedly, there were some things that could be refined, I took on the task and purchased the rights to it. Along the way, with so little reference available, and pics with odd angles and perspectives, all that we had at the time ... the helmet soon took on a very different look during the re-mastering. One that I was never very satisfied with. What's more, although the MSH was a terrific helmet, and the MSH2 was a pretty neat helmet in some respects, I wanted to venture away from the whole "MSH" label, and make my own helmet. Ya know? Something I can call my own, and not ride the coat-tales of another artisan's work any longer. In my opinion, the MSH is a classic helmet, that should have never been tampered with. Hats off to ya Nathan !

So lets just get down to the heart of the matter ....

The FPH did start life as an old un-released MSH2 (Ear-On version). Back in the day, I let the forum decide whether or not the ears should be cast on, or off of the helmet, and the majority wanted accurate "Ears-Off". So it never saw the light of day. The funny thing is, it was a test casting that I've had laying in my shop for years, and looked at it one day after Spidey, Evan, and Miller came back from C4 and thought, Hmm? Lets cut that bad boy into a million little pieces and see what I can do with it :lol:

So that's the simple answer. I should note that although I can be a traditional sculptor when I WANT to be, in this case, there was already a base, and I was being lazy. Since there were some aspects of the helmet that appeared "Right", i saw it as a good place to start. But soon, realized, that this base, was quickly going to disappear when I started seeing what needed to be done to it. And it did. There is absolutely nothing left in this helmet that is from the MSH family. Gone. The MSH was already next to nonexistent in the MSH2. So what started out as an "MSH3", quickly became the FPH. In retrospect, it probably would have been easier just to start a clay build-up from scratch now. :lol:

The effort that was put into this helmet wasn't just eyeballing either. We've got a few good men that have been able to see the real deal up close and personal, for the first time EVER. Without Plexiglas, and laser measurements. With a few sneaky traditional measurements , and a great 3D video, and plenty of niiiiiiice new pics, I think it's a great alternative to the real helmet. Now, I'm not as full of myself as "some" of you might think :lol: It's still a "Fan-Made" helmet. Always will be. It is, what it is, as they say. But I don't think there will be ANY disappointment. The whole idea of this project wasn't to try to re-invent the wheel. But more to just capture the "essence" of what we all have in our mind's eye of the real prop. How we perceive what we saw in the movie. Perhaps even as bold as making those that saw the real prop at C4 feel as if though they'd have to give it a HARD second look to tell that the FPH isn't it :lol: I thought, if it can give you that fuzzy feeling, where you can say to yourself "Yeah?, Yeah! That's how I remember it" ! Then I've done what I set out to do.

I hope this answers the most popular Q&A. As Alex already stated, this master is not in a finished state. I still have a couple of more tweaks, and refine the finish before it can be molded. I will be finishing it this weekend, and preparing to mold it. Time is REALLY short on this project, so it won't be long, I assure you.

Answers to other pertinent details, such as availability you might ask? Well, as with all of my projects, I will be recouping some of my R&D, and sweat equity. So I will make a few reasonably available if there is interest. ;)

On one final note, there is another potential point of possible interest that should be noted. It appears (as of right now) that there will be machined aluminum ears (own sculpted ear masters for the FPH) made available at a VERY reasonable additional cost, if there is interest ;) Details to follow.

Thanks for everyone's kind words and support. It keeps me motivated !

FP

**EDIT**

Thought I'd share a few pics I had too. These were taken right before I sent the master off to Alex, Justin, and Jason. An interesting perspective that hit me in just the right spot :lol:

Take note, that the "Waver" in the brow, DOES EXIST. The guys forgot to mention that it is in fact there. But it was evident when seeing the exhibit prop, that the "Waver" is not nearly as pronounced as we've believed. PArt of it is how the helmet was painted, believe it or not. Because of the ledge on the top of the brow, there was silver paint slopped up there onto to that ledge, giving it a more pronounced appearance, because the rest is red.

fph1.jpg

fph2.jpg

fph3.jpg

fph4.jpg

It appears (as of right now) that there will be machined aluminum ears (own sculpted ear masters for the FPH) made available at a VERY reasonable additional cost, if there is interest

I would be extremely impressed if you could offer a set of machined aluminum ears for less than what your selling the bucket for..

Why do I feel like the "monkey " has been lifted off my back??:lol:...thanks Chris for that post.(y)..bout time!!

And I told you there was another surprise..ALUMINUM EARS!!! WOO HOO!!(y)....again the details have yet to be worked out...but I think most will be pleasantly surprised with the price on these...again fingers-crossed people.(y)

Answers to other pertinent details, such as availability you might ask? Well, as with all of my projects, I will be recouping some of my R&D, and sweat equity. So I will make a few reasonably available if there is interest. ;)

:lol:. . . Oh, I think there might be just the smallest shadow of interest from 1 or 2 folks. :lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back