Zannah's Armor

You mean these gauntlets, cyare?

scratchedGauntlets-large.jpg

We're aiming to paint them today. Well, we're aiming to get the base coat, anyway.

We're going to have the rest of the work to do after that.

Does anyone happen to have a recommendation for what to use as a strap material? I really think I want to do dual-snaps on each strap. Since I'm not worried about need variable sizes, that seems to make sense. Still, we're not really sure what material would look best for this.

Thanks!
What is that stuff on them?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what happens when I'm bored and try to come up with trophy item things...yes, that's a real tooth from something. Grossed out Dessel with it. ;)

DSCN2806.gif

Thats pretty cool! looks like a deer tooth.
Thanks. It probably is a deer tooth, considering the amount of deer skulls hanging in our garage.

Here's a closer view of the gauntlets. I put a slight brown wash on them, and I can't do too much work on them until I get more elastic.
DSCN2808.gif

And here's the piece I'm putting on top of the gauntlets. The paint job needs to be finished, and I'm going to cut sections of it out so that the red shows through. This was cut from a ice cream bucket.
DSCN2809.gif

There are a type of deer on Endor called Swirl Prongs. They are huge!
Interesting...I don't know if the tooth is big enough for that, though.

Just need to come up with some trophy animal to assign the tooth to. ;) The knives, well...someone died when I took those.

And Dessel didn't like them tested on him. Though they're just decorations.:rolleyes

I was hoping to get some signs for the armor today, but couldn't, unfortunately.

The weathering on that is pretty good. Looks like mud or rust...nice job with that!
Thanks. I just cut it out of an ice cream bucket, then painted it.

Of course, when I went to paint the other kneepad, the spray paint fritzed on me. :( But I did find the spikes for the gauntlets...maybe post those later. I'm still too short on elastic.

Here's a mock-up of my gauntlets. :)

DSCN2816.gif

DSCN2817.gif

Close-up of the damage on the base:
DSCN2818.gif

Kneepads-I put a slight black wash over that gnawed out piece on the left side.
DSCN2819.gif

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back