Chuck Ruffing: Has anyone received anything from him recently?

godaking

Hunter
Ok, here's the lowdown: I ordered a jet pack, esb gun kit, shin tools, etc from him way back in early March (which set me back $1000). Finally, after 4 months, the items (as of last week) were ready to be shipped and supposedly sent by him (with NO delivery confirmation or tracking number for such a big money purchase) but I have yet to receive anything from him.

Has anyone ordered a large number of items from him recently? I know some may think I'm overeacting, but he told me these would be ready in 2 months.

-Joe

Sorry to hear this buddy... But I have not dealt with this guy before, so couldn't possibly comment?
I don't think your overreacting, you paid allot of money for goods and thats what you should receive! maybe there are others that could jump in if they have dealt with this guy before? (y)

-Gavin-

4 months sounds like the average time to make all that stuff. With that said, it should take more than a week to ship it. I have bought his stuff before, and he is reliable, he would not pull a fast one on you.

Try sending him an email, but be patient, he may just be really busy at the moment with a bunch of orders.

i received my gauntlet after 3 month it's too long but the quality was here , chuck was serious man for me , i think you send him a mail and you wait , it's too long to make a jet pack

I ordered some parts from him last fall. He got them out to me extremely quick and I doubt he'd try and rip you off where his rep is so good here. Dark Amon, are you sure it was his fault that it took 3 months to get to you? orders from U.S. to France usually takes longer than usual for some reason.

BTW, it's really frowned upon to have more than one account. If you mis spelled your scrren name you could allways have a mod correct it for you.

For those who's items took so long to get.... Did you order just the kit or did you order totally completed items?
Mark

I ordered some parts from him last fall. He got them out to me extremely quick and I doubt he'd try and rip you off where his rep is so good here. Dark Amon, are you sure it was his fault that it took 3 months to get to you? orders from U.S. to France usually takes longer than usual for some reason.

BTW, it's really frowned upon to have more than one account. If you mis spelled your scrren name you could allways have a mod correct it for you.

sorry you dont understand because my english was awfull ! i want to say it's too long for me because i 'm impatient to received them but this time was normal for a lot of props. when you payed an item you want it immediatly or in a short time but in reality i prefere that the props maker make the props slowly for a perfect job.

I just got gauntlet parts from him last week. It took him about a week to get them out to me. I've always had good luck dealing with him in the past.
Falconfett

I've got lots of stuff from Chuck. He does get busy and delayed, but he will def come through for you. I would use email to communicate with him, as he can sometimes not visit the boards for a little while

I ordered gauntlets in April, and I got them last week. But it was a busy time, and he was in contact with me the whole time. I'm sure he'll come through.

Phil

I've never had a problem with Chuck and just once did it take just a wee bit longer due to C4. But Chuck was in contact with me and I got it in after the C4 madness. And this is me being in Singapore, South East Asia!

Stay safe,

Tim.

Hey Joe, did you get my last email? I had sent them before I went out of town for a wedding(like I told you) and when I got home they were on my porch. I resent them as soon as I could on Monday(this was in my last email as is the tracking number)
Not to make any excuses but I have explained to people some delays in the past few months on orders. One of my suppliers that I have been getting stuff from for years didn't make the order. I went in(they are local)every week as they said the stuff would be in then. Well each week they said they forgot to order or was waiting to place and order to get more on the truck. It took me nearly 2 months to actually get the stuff in.
With that, C4 and other stuff I did get behind on some orders and I apologize for that.
I'm not out to screw anyone over, I have been here since the beginning and even before TDH was TDH and am not going anywhere.

Yea I have delt with Chuck and have referred several people to him. He has always come through. He is a stand up guy and makes very nice stuff.

Hey Joe, did you get my last email? I had sent them before I went out of town for a wedding(like I told you) and when I got home they were on my porch. I resent them as soon as I could on Monday(this was in my last email as is the tracking number)
Not to make any excuses but I have explained to people some delays in the past few months on orders. One of my suppliers that I have been getting stuff from for years didn't make the order. I went in(they are local)every week as they said the stuff would be in then. Well each week they said they forgot to order or was waiting to place and order to get more on the truck. It took me nearly 2 months to actually get the stuff in.
With that, C4 and other stuff I did get behind on some orders and I apologize for that.
I'm not out to screw anyone over, I have been here since the beginning and even before TDH was TDH and am not going anywhere.

Sorry for putting your name out like that, but I was getting a bit paranoid (since it's been a while since I paid for everything). The crappy thing is....I'm not even into Boba Fett costuming no more. :cry

But anyhow folks, after some mixup, Chuck finally got me a tracking number and if all goes well, I should get the stuff soon.

I'll throwing it up on the cargo bay soon if anyone's interested (ESB blaster kit, jumpsuit, jet pack, shin tools, braids, sidearm and gloves)...

-Joe

And ya, I have two accounts (I opened the other one cuz I thought I lost the other's password)

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back