Chuck Ruffing: Has anyone received anything from him recently?

Just letting everyone know that I got everything in from Chuck...finally. I'll have them up for sale on the Cargo Bay right after this post.

-Joe

Got my gauntlets today.. perfect timing since its my BIRTHDAY:lol: My wife bought them for me and the weird thing is the one of pieces of newspaper used to pack the gauntlets had the date of May 18th, 2005. The day episode 3 opened at midnight and the first date for me and my now wife. She even helped me into my fett outfit and was my spotter for the night.... I love my Wife.
Mark

Got my assembled gauntlets on Saturday. Very happy with the quality and fast (1 week) service. The extra money (over the standard kit price) was worth it! (y)

I'm now modding them like my last set of gauntlets (which I made myself). This includes fiberglassing them, replacing the resin nozzles on the left gauntlet with the metal UHF connectors, adding the toggle switch and LED (which will be wired to run off of a 9V), installing the correct pushbutton switches (which I bought from the Netherlands in 2002), installing RussRep's metal missile and darts, and replacing the resin hose connectors on the right gauntlet with the correct metal ones.

Did I miss anything? :lol:

Great set, though! I recommend them, and Chuck is a great seller. :cheers

Nice mods, Fetthunter! I've never used a metal missile personally, and have never had any problems with my resin ones. But just having that metal one on there would be pretty sweet. :)

I do have all the right outside components of my ROTJ gauntlets in metal as well like you're doing and except for my squad leader cracking the lower one off the gauntlet, no probs there. :lol: Easy fix with super glue.

Yeah, when I made my original gauntlets, I just incorporated the metal parts INTO the design of the gauntlets. They served me well for 5+ years, but now it's time for an "upgrade". :D

I didn't use the UHF connectors on my first left gauntlet, and now I wish I had! They're pretty sweet! :love Something like $5.49 each at Radio Shack.

I got an LED, flat toggle switch, and a 9V battery holder clip, so now all that stuff needs to be mounted. I've got some of those pushbutton switches that were offered here in the summer of '02 from that board member in the Netherlands. I bought 4, so I've got 2 on my old gauntlet and the other 2 are going on the new one. I thought I had LOST them in the past 5 years,, but nope... Right where I left them! ;)

Speaking of the black pushbutton switches... Anyone know the spacing on those, and how far back from the front of the box to mount them? I guessed the first time around! :lol:

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back