Mandalorian Clones?

Daniel Plumb

New Hunter
trooper_reveal.jpg what do you think

thats looks awesome. That would be pretty cool to make. I would make an atemmpt but i got a bunch of projects already, But it is just regular clone armor, true??

Those are two clones from a 14 figure two box set coming out by Hasbro. It's will also come with some new Mandalorians who trained them at kamino. So far one Mando and these two clones are all that have been shown. They are supposed to show the rest of the figures at SDCC.

It's another set of repaints....(yawn), but yes, it's regular EP.III clone armor. I guess it's not really a stretch though considering the genetic donor. After Geonosis most of the clones were really becoming aware of their heritage so it makes sense that this scheme would show up at some point. Seems a little bland though.....

Just my 2 cents.

Rick

They could have at least put thier belts on up-side right. Even though I like the design and believe it or not I drew something similiar for a custom arc trooper design a year ago, I think it is just another marketing attempt to sell more figures. Sad, Sad, Sad, Unfortunatly I will end up buying them to add to my clone collection.

Why would the Republic use Mandalorians as the palette anyway? They are great warriors, but they are a completely different regime that is extremely hostile to the Republic. I don't get it, the figures are just repaints, I'm disappointed in them. However, if you put that Mythosaur skull on just about anything, it will excite Mando fans.

I actually saw a couple of these costumes put together last year here are some pics
19.jpg

18.jpg

23.jpg

They were based off of the clones who broke away from the republic army as was stated above. They didn't have the bantha skulls though, but same character idea.

Why would the Republic use Mandalorians as the palette anyway? They are great warriors, but they are a completely different regime that is extremely hostile to the Republic. I don't get it, the figures are just repaints, I'm disappointed in them. However, if you put that Mythosaur skull on just about anything, it will excite Mando fans.
Basically yeah.

I actually saw a couple of these costumes put together last year here are some pics
19.jpg

18.jpg

23.jpg

They were based off of the clones who broke away from the republic army as was stated above. They didn't have the bantha skulls though, but same character idea.

Those look like ARC troopers, the first 110 clones, 100 trained by Jango, the first 10 by Kal Skirata to be commandos, assassins, spec-ops and anything the GAR needed (Kal's 10, known as Null Arc, were the Clone Intelligence Units Palpatine mentioned to Anikin). They were deemed to uncontrollable so were placed into suspended animation until shortly after the start of the Clone Wars when Kammino came under atack. Their armour has more advanced tecnology then that suplied to regular clonetroopers hense the Mando RF array ect. They also took to wearing kama (something Mando's sometimes wore), pauldrons to show their status as ARC's, a brace of pistols ect ect and speaking Mando'a.

As to figures... In actual fact Hasbro created them and the EU adopted them and integrated the idea into the stories.

To be honest with you guys, the two clones in the above photos are brothers in my garrison and good friends of mine, one is a long time member here. It was there take on the arcs lonnnnnnnnnng before speculation this, and EU that. Hopefully he will chime in if he has time LOL.

To be honest with you guys, the two clones in the above photos are brothers in my garrison and good friends of mine, one is a long time member here. It was there take on the arcs lonnnnnnnnnng before speculation this, and EU that. Hopefully he will chime in if he has time LOL.
No no, their costumes are freakin great, They look way too awesome for words.
But if you put the skull on anything, mando fans will fall in love almost instantly.

Thats probably true in alot of cases. I feel that the whole clone/mando idea sort of strips the identity from mando culture. Sure the clones want to regain their lost heritage, but even though they were the product of Mandalorian genes...they are still clones at the end of the day.

IMHO the clones are not part of mandalorian history. They are part of republic/imperial history as machinations of the Sith.

Those clones are honestly some of the best I've seen, the weathering is fantastic and I don't think I've seen any other clones better than those. They look so realistic, makes me want to have one myself.

They seriously do look like they just steped off the pages of a comic book,etc. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The repaints with the "eyes" are cool, but I could do without the Jaing skull on the chest. I probably wouldn't bother with them if they weren't a part of the figure pack.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back