Idea for knee armor/pads

Hi Everyone, kinda new around here and have been lurking a little.
I have an idea for knee armor/pads for my custom Mando and was wondering what everyone thought.

I was at The Home Depot over the weekend and saw a good pair of knee pads there.

928cb2f2-e1d9-4b5b-b0ad-86d27a457583_300.jpg

Now keep in mind I am a big guy and have a large leg. So the normal Fett leg armor might not work for me. I plan on doing some mods to them to make them look more mando.

Opinions?

Thanks

John

I always see those pads and think "Hey...that might be cool" but all of what our Lowe's stocks have big logos,etc. on them. So I wouldn't use those, but these you posted might work. Oh, and by the way, you could always make your own Mando knee armor, just make the templates bigger/make your own templates. It wouldn't be that hard.

If you go with a knee armor such as this, think about putting the straps on the inside instead of the outside as you don't want something popping them off. I don't see why they would be a problem over-all. Maybe smooth the ridges down with a good sanding if you desire.

If you go with a knee armor such as this, think about putting the straps on the inside instead of the outside as you don't want something popping them off. I don't see why they would be a problem over-all. Maybe smooth the ridges down with a good sanding if you desire.

Novall

Thats a good Idea on sanding them down. I was planning in adding some greebiles to them. I would need to look at them again physicaly to see if the straps can modded.

John

I recommend brainstorming on what can be done with them, then picking up a pair and going to town. There's always possiblities with anything, you just have to use your imagination. That's the key to Mando costuming. ;) Be resourceful, and develop the ability to see the possibilities in anything.

They look great if your Mandalorian is a roofer or carpenter. I would reccomend making some out of sintra scaled to your size. Those look like kneepads, not knee armor for sure.

I'm kind of a 'found item' guy when it comes to star wars. I think you don't want to use them as-is, but if you modify them, maybe bondo over the ridges to get a smooth surface, maybe make some side packs out of sintra and connect them...

They could work. The other option is complete sintra knees, which wouldn't be all that difficult.

Everyone starts somewhere. If modifying these is what it takes to get your costume off the ground, then go for it. You can always upgrade later. The great thing about Mandos is that they come from a wide variety of backgrounds...mix and match can work out just fine.

-Brian

Thanks guys. I would go for the Swat style ones but they are a little too small for my wide leg.
Brian, I agree with you. Everyone starts somewhere.

Ill most likely pick up a pair this week and satrt modifying them.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back