Just got my Gauntlets and I have a quick question

hellopike

Active Hunter
Hey all, I just got my ruffkin gauntlets today. (!) I had them fiberglassed on the inside, and I was wondering if I should take any special precautions when I clean them up, specifically the little shap pieces of the fiberglass that needs to be sanded down? I may also need to cut some of the gauntlet away to make it fit better.

Also, I'm noticing the right gauntlet seems rather big- is that normally the case?

thanks

Phil

as for the sharp bits... the only precaution i'd suggest is making sure to get rid of them all :)

my ruffkin set was like that... right one was HUGE on me. i just trimmed down the lower half a bit.

You can get rid of those spikey bits with either rough grit sandpaper, or a sanding drum on a dremel. Either way be sure to wear a dust mask.

Not sure about the cleanup part of your question, but I think the right gaunt is supposed to look "fatter" than the left.

Hmm, I'd have to look at the other costumes, but I know that for PP2, both gauntlets are rather small, especially the right one if you look closely. But it doesn't matter. I got them 95% done and they look pretty good. I actually ended up using a different closure method for each one. The right gauntlet is all velcro while the left gauntlet it hinged with velcro. This was done because I found that the left gauntlets bottom was quite the right shape to fit with the upper. I'll post pics once they're done, I'm just waiting for my friend to fabricate the flamethrower ends.

Phil

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back