Any experiences with the 'Real Gauntlet Flamethrower' on Ebay?

Bola Fett

New Hunter
Ive just seen these things on Ebay, along with working rockets etc. Just wondered if anyone has incorporated these into their suit or had any experience with them.

Sounds dangerous to me mate and likely to get the attention of the police with the flamethrower; you'd not be able to troop with any club I know with working projectiles either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhhh...if only I had a dollar for every time this question shows up.

Just remember what Darwin said. Nature has its own way of cleaning up the gene pool.:lol:

Just remember what Darwin said. Nature has its own way of cleaning up the gene pool.:lol:

I know what you mean. We would never need to work again.

Guys, think about it. Fire and plastic just don't mix. It just sound like a trip to the ER to me.

ya ummmm..... like these guys said. combustable fuel contained in any way on ur arm or body dosent sound too wise to me....;)

I've seen this question pop up frequently, and I can't think of any real good reason why somebody would want something like this. Having something like that is a security hazard as far as I am concerned, and it can get you into big trouble if used at the wrong time. Worst of all, what happens if there is a malfunction of some kind? Not only is the costume ruined, but the person is looking at possible permanent medical issues as well.

There really aren't many places where somebody could find a use for this. If it was used to "show off" (yeah, I know that's what part of costuming is), I would imagine it would probably just scare people away.

I could care less if some bonehead got one of these and fused that nice armor directly to his skin, its the people around him I worry about.

Sometimes you need to consider the effects of your stupidity on those around you.

Although some might think having these in their costumes is "cool", its really not.

Besides the price of such a thing, you have to consider when and where you would actually get to use this. Plus, the medical effects could be incredibly dangerous. Not only are you endangering yourself, but you are also putting EVERYONE ELSE in risk. Think about the destruction to a person's armor or body that one flick of the switch could do. One little burst of flame could cause SO much damage.

If what Darwin said was true, you wouldnt be around to make that reply.
I only asked if people had any experience with it. Not that i had it or was even thinking about using it.

I only asked if people had any experience with it. Not that i had it or was even thinking about using it.

And no one insinuated that you had it or were thinking of using it. They simply gave there opinions about incorporating it into a costume. And starting out by insulting board members is a good way to get yourself ostracized really fast.;)

Here is a link to a video on You Tube. This guy has a real working flamethrower. Check it out...

That guy has been a TDHer for years. I've talked with him about it. He had to use a ROTJ left gauntlet fitting because the flame parts wouldn't work with the normal ESB side. He also designed that gauntlet to rip off easily in case of "problems" ;) but said he never encountered any problems and wouldn't have worn the thing if it wasn't safe enough to use for what you saw in that video.

I've thought about incorporating a flamethrower into my armor for show-off purposes, but nothing drastically big. Maybe a 1-2 foot flame, utilizing all-metal parts. I would, of course, design the system myself to ensure safety. Another thing I thought might be neat is a wrist-mounted butane cigarette lighter. You never know when you're going to need a lighter. But these things wouldn't be for stupidity, nor would they be designed in a haphazard manner. And the flamethrower gauntlet would be a seperate piece, not a normal piece of my costume/armor.

No, no, no... I'm not your typical pyro. :lol: I have 11 years experience with black powder firearms, pyrotechnics, and other various fire-related things.

I'm not a "hey ya'll, watch this" type person. Don't let my living in Oklahoma fool you there, lol :cheers

I am going as realistic as I can with the rest of my armor, it's all metal... and I have common sense. But I digress... I definately wouldn't recommend anything like this to the average person or beginner.

I actually wasn't making a reference to you personally, but since you decided to open up this can of worms...

Sure go ahead and get one. Remember to post some after pics.

When ever people bring up the flame thrower thread, it allways reminds me of this

if anything goes wrong you could potentially seriously hurt if not kill someone.

Well the plans to make one that are on ebay arent even for a real prop, it is for soccer gear on your arms, with a working flame-thrower on it.

Seeing one in action is just asking for trouble, it looks like it drips gasoline, and it lights, and BOOM, you have a flame-thrower, if you want to destroy your costume, and potentially hurt people around you (not exactly the person who asked the question) then go ahead.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back