Any experiences with the 'Real Gauntlet Flamethrower' on Ebay?

If I were ever to build one... it would definately be of my own design, tried and tested to perfection before it was ever used for any purpose. As I said, I wouldn't recommend such a thing to the layperson, and I may not even do it myself. But know that if I do, it will be done safely. I have a bit of OCD when it comes to details (As noted by my armor). Likely what I'll do instead of a real flamethrower, however, is like I said... a built-in butane lighter system. You never know when you're going to need a Lighter, and while it wouldn't be nearly as impressive as a flamethrower for demo purposes, it would have practical use in mind. If I do that, I'll save the flame throwing for the 'Phoenix'.

I believe if you turn a prop into a weapon, you better get out of the Convention. It's playing dirty, and uncalled for.

You're only posing a threat to yourself and others, I see no benefit for the spewing flame ball that the ebay seller advertises.

Guys,

Heed this warning. Insulting others here at TDH will NOT BE TOLERATED.

Warn people of the effects of their decisions but DO NOT INSULT.

As for the actual topic in this thread...

Adding a real, working weapon as dangerous as a flame thrower to a costume is highly discouraged here at TDH. Not only is this most likely ILLEGAL it's simply not safe. A million things could go wrong which would lead to anything from destruction of property to even worse... bodily harm.

Again, keep this topic civil and respectful or it will be locked faster than you can say Fett.

In addition to the respect issues that webchief has already addressed, working rockets/flamethrowers are NOT a discussion for TDH. This community does not and will not endorse, support, or allow discussion of this topic. While a working flame thrower might seem cool, and might make an impressive display, it is a VERY dangerous device which could easily lead to death or disfigurement. There are many young and impressionable members here and we do not want to put such tantalizing ideas in their heads. Beyond that, I would caution even older and more experienced builders from such endeavors. This is a COSTUMING board, not a weapons of mass destruction board.

D

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back