wonderflex?

I had surgery on my left hand to reattach the tendons in my thumb (don't ask:rolleyes) & the support cast that I had to wear afterwards was made from Wonderflex. It held up really well & I didn't notice any softening of the cast in the summer weather. If I could find a local supplier I would use this instead of Sintra.

wonderflex is what some of the Japanese gundam cosplayers use to make their robot costumes. It seems to be able to take a lot of abuse, but they also use thick craft foam, which is very fragile when heat formed and doesn't retain its shape. It is easy to work with, but I wouldn't use it for everything. I have only used it for small things. Here's an example of craft foam and wonderflex.
Gundam.gif

As I understand it, the helmets are a combination of the two.

The guy in the middle was photoshopped in there...I couldn't resist. :p

A couple of my Uni friends used this when they were studying. It's used quiet extensively in the UK nursing industry. As BKBT says it can be used to make lightweight and cheap supports etc.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.