Anyone want a $10 Cylon Helmet?

BigMarv

New Hunter
Been a member here for a while mainly for model making hints and tips for a Cylon helmet I've been working on.

It was proving to be such a painful and expensive undertaking that I thought there must be an easier way to get a half decent result (especially the chrome effect) for those folks who just want a 'fun' version.

The result - my 1:1 Cylon helmet http://www.bazookajo.me.uk/

The plans are free to download, but it will probably cost you about $10 in mirror card, or less if you are scaling it down for the kiddies.

Hopefully other armour parts will follow (if I can get some decent measurements from somewhere).

Now, the only question I'm asking myself is - would there any mileage in a Boba Fett equivalent.... :)

Best Regards

Marv

AllSquare1002.jpg

I think this is a great idea. I have a styrene helmet sitting on my shelf but the problem is getting it chromed. This is a great way to build an inexpensive costume & have fun with it. I look forward to seeing more!

Downloaded the template and made the helmet. Love it! What a Great cheap alternative. Yes a Boba Helmet would be Awesome. AND How about the Rocketeer?

Im so glad I found this, I found a tut on line for making the red eye using leds and a cool gift idea of using a teddy bear to make the cylon out of. Now I have the stuff to make the armor for it as well, super cool. Call it a late Valentin's day gift. She loves BSG so this will work great, I even have a cheap sound recorder for the nose to play "By your command" for it. Will start this project soon and post pictures if of.

Thank again.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back