Jaster Mereel New SgtFang bucket - WIP (PIC Intensive)

Kandosii'la!

By the way, has anyone made either Fenn Shysa or Tobbi Dala? I would really love to see them made.

Outstanding, the bells are really accurate.

After a failed attempt to find some Rub & Buff, I decided to layer some spray paint. I started with a standard gray primer, and then applied a layer of metallic silver. A minor error on my part has caused the paint to run a bit, and I'm having to sand down a few spots and repaint them. After I straighten out the current layer of paint, I'm going to apply some masking tape, apply a fine mist of gunmetal gray (instead of a full layer), and then dull it down by smudging the **** out of it. I'm then going to remove the masking tape, and weather the masked areas by sanding their edges.

Wish me luck. These spray paint runs are aggravating me to death. :(

I finished painting my helmet tonight (for the most part). Pics of my progress:

I started with a gray primer coat, then added a slick metal Jango-ish coat of spray paint.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I then masked off some various scratches with tape, and then masked off everything but the visor and the rim. I painted over the tape and the visor with a Krylon Burgundy spray paint.

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

After the burgundy paint dried, I masked off the visor and lightly sprayed a metallic gunmetal spray paint.

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

After that, I pulled the tape off, which brought some of the hour-old burgundy layer off with it. This created a very nice weathering effect on the visor. I then pulled off all the tape laid down as scratches. Note the big one that stretches from the base of the dome, down across both mandibles. I supplemented the scratches and paint peelings by using my dremel's wire-brush head on low speed, and lightly touching the edges of the scratches, and lightly drawing a line down the center of each. This added some texture to the scratches, and actually came out quite nice.

DSCF0229.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

All-in-all, I am extremely happy with the turnout, and what you see in those last pics is very close to what the final product will look like. I may decide to darken the mandibles just a little bit after looking at the pictures I took, even though I know it's just camera glare making them look so light. I also plan to do a little more sanding in order to take that gloss off the top layer of clear paint, so the helmet matches the dullness of the armor. ;)

T-Visor installation and other interior additions to come soon.

P.S. - These are the AWESOME knee pieces that Wickedbeard made me -

DSCF0228.jpg

I finished painting my helmet tonight (for the most part). Pics of my progress:

I started with a gray primer coat, then added a slick metal Jango-ish coat of spray paint.

DSCF0222.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

I then masked off some various scratches with tape, and then masked off everything but the visor and the rim. I painted over the tape and the visor with a Krylon Burgundy spray paint.

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

After the burgundy paint dried, I masked off the visor and lightly sprayed a metallic gunmetal spray paint.

DSCF0226.jpg

DSCF0225.jpg

After that, I pulled the tape off, which brought some of the hour-old burgundy layer off with it. This created a very nice weathering effect on the visor. I then pulled off all the tape laid down as scratches. Note the big one that stretches from the base of the dome, down across both mandibles. I supplemented the scratches and paint peelings by using my dremel's wire-brush head on low speed, and lightly touching the edges of the scratches, and lightly drawing a line down the center of each. This added some texture to the scratches, and actually came out quite nice.

DSCF0229.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

All-in-all, I am extremely happy with the turnout, and what you see in those last pics is very close to what the final product will look like. I may decide to darken the mandibles just a little bit after looking at the pictures I took, even though I know it's just camera glare making them look so light. I also plan to do a little more sanding in order to take that gloss off the top layer of clear paint, so the helmet matches the dullness of the armor. ;)

T-Visor installation and other interior additions to come soon.

P.S. - These are the AWESOME knee pieces that Wickedbeard made me -

DSCF0228.jpg
What happened in the painting process?
It looks weird right above the two triangles.
Other than that it is a great paint job.

Did you make the ear caps that recess into the helmet? I noticed you left the receiver for the Boba/Jango styled RF stalk, are you going to modify it to make it more like the comic? Did you get a second set of knee darts for the inside of your knees as well? It's kind of hard to walk with the inside set, but you eventually get this whole John Wayne/ Clint Eastwood swagger that kind of adds to the character, lol.

Did you make the ear caps that recess into the helmet? I noticed you left the receiver for the Boba/Jango styled RF stalk, are you going to modify it to make it more like the comic? Did you get a second set of knee darts for the inside of your knees as well? It's kind of hard to walk with the inside set, but you eventually get this whole John Wayne/ Clint Eastwood swagger that kind of adds to the character, lol.

Or a galded look.:lol: It looks great so far bro! :cheers

Wickedbeard has set himself on the task of creating custom earpieces and custom gauntlets. I'm going to send my bucket up his way so that he can install them as he likes. He's probably also going to throw some Rub & Buff on the helmet to help it match the armor a bit better.

As far as the knee dart launchers, I think I'm going to stick with what I've got. I really don't need an inner set, as I would hate to get them and mess them up by walking normal and rubbing them together.

More pics to come.

Blaster Rifle

Working on the blaster rifle seen in Open Seasons #2. Base is an Airsoft tactical shotgun. Barrel is made of pvc piping from Lowes HI.

blaster1.jpg

blaster2.jpg

blaster3.jpg

blaster4.jpg

blaster5.jpg

Check back later. More progress & pics to come soon.

Thought I would go ahead and post some pics of jasters gauntlets, since they are pretty much complete.I went this route so hoses would not be needed.Kind of a self contained gauntlet weapon system.
Picture025.gif

Picture024.gif

Picture023.gif

Very cool.
As for the blaster, if you can sand down the part where it hs writing on it, like the Airsoft maker, type of gun, etc, it will make it look better (If you already didn't have that idea in mind).

I like the gauntlets too, they look very cool.

Ok here are some pics of jasters helmet which he will be receiving this week along with some better pics of the gauntlets.
Hope ya like everything bro.Thanks for letting me take part in this venture.Your gonna love the helmet.Fits like a glove and is very comfortable to wear.
On with the pics,
Picture055.gif

Picture053.gif

Picture051.gif

Picture050.gif

Picture054.gif

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back