Jango helmet GASKET interest thread

I just had a thought on the Gasket attachment issue.
What if the gasket was glued-in (to look good on display) and could be removed when trouping in hot weather.

My idea is to glue the gasket in place, then put a velcro tab on the inside of each Gasket flap, near the draw-string. When too hot for a gasket, remove the string and flip each Gasket flap up inside the helmet and attach them to corresponding velcro tabs inside the helmet.

Make sense?
Thoughts.

Jono

My idea is to glue the gasket in place, then put a velcro tab on the inside of each Gasket flap, near the draw-string. When too hot for a gasket, remove the string and flip each Gasket flap up inside the helmet and attach them to corresponding velcro tabs inside the helmet.

Make sense?
Thoughts.

Definitely makes sense. The only concern I may have is some people may have quite a bit of stuff in their helmets (batteries, fans, wires, etc.) and won't have room in their helmets to put each piece up.

Is there anyway just to velcro the gasket onto the bottom of the bucket?

I just had a thought on the Gasket attachment issue.
What if the gasket was glued-in (to look good on display) and could be removed when trouping in hot weather.

Make sense?
Thoughts.

Jono

Sounds like a good plan to me! Like Scott said some may have too much in their helmet already. Lucky for me I won't have that problem.

I still think that if they make the gasket with the attachment points long enough you would have to option of either gluing the gasket in or attaching velcro to it and velcroing the whole thing in.

There will be extra length to the outside of the gasket to attach it to the inside rim of the helmet in your preferred style, glue or velcro.

Yes you can attach it how you want, glue, velcro, whatever you want!

The Gasket will be made so either method can be used.

Cheers Jono

No need to be sorry bud, it's all good!(y)
I just thought this point needed spelling out.

:cheers

WhiteArmor, if all goes well and a black piece of leather is on hand, happy to help.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, news at long last!

I met today with Liz who will be producing these gaskets.
She thinks we could have a prototype (first attempt) to look at in two weeks.

I gave her reference pics, my Gasket template, the Cold Cast outline from ASOK & a BKBT Jango Bucket.
I also emphasized that accuracy is paramount.

First Liz will try her hand at a BKBT size gasket.
After that she will assess the task of the Cold Cast gaskets.

Prices to come in about two weeks.:love

I'd Be interested in having a set-up like this for my helmet, but it's a custom sculpt from HS, so i'm not sure of measurements, as i believed the interior measurements were changed. Could you please add me to the list and PM me with what measurements these will fit?

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back