ESB Clamp Rings Discussion

Gilmortar

Well-Known Hunter
Well guys and gals, almost 7 years ago, I embarked on a journey. And that journey was researching how to make the best ESB Boba out there. Well finally my dreams are coming to life with my new financial situation. Now that I have obtained most my pieces, my focus has come to my rifle.

After countless nights in discussion with our own BraksBuddy, I am on a quest to truly replicate the pieces of the ESB Fett rifle.

Now as we all know, the base, the Webley Mark 1 No. 1 Flare pistol.

The scope, as an ASI 4x20...

The End Barrel, an MPP flash tube

The scope blocks Molex Connectors.

Now...it hasnt really ever been discussed as to what the scope rings around the muzzle of the flare gun truly are. Here are the best Ref photos out there.

Fett_Scope_Mount_05.jpg

Fett_Scope_Mount_04.jpg

Fett_Scope_Mount_02.jpg

Fett_Scope_Mount_01.jpg

Now from my hours of research, ive come across a few items that I am debating could be the rings on these rifles.

- 1. Muffler Clamps
clamp.gif

- 2. Cable Clamps for motorcycles
8c12_1.jpg

- 3. Oetiker Ear Clamps
c4.gif

- 4. Spring clamps
spring_clamps_big.jpg

Now I personally believe, that these clamps are varying sizes of the Motorcycle cable clamps. The shape is similar, and would explain the cross T on the upper part of the clamp. Anyone else have anything resembling?

Surprisingly, I think the jury's still out on the MPP vs. Heiland discussion. There isn't anything solid to disprove either candidate, and credible conflicting information has made finding the correct part more difficult in past threads. I'm still waiting for the "smoking gun" (no pun intended).

Surprisingly, I think the jury's still out on the MPP vs. Heiland discussion. There isn't anything solid to disprove either candidate, and credible conflicting information has made finding the correct part more difficult in past threads. I'm still waiting for the "smoking gun" (no pun intended).

It's an MPP. I positively ID'ed it years ago.
Coincidentally, it's the Cloud City hallway photos shown at the top of this thread that conclusively prove it. If you have both to compare you can see the hole configuration matches the MPP, but not the Heiland.
If it was a Heiland there would be two holes from the bulb release visible above the pillbox shaped holes. Since they also gutted the tube you can see the holes left from the MPP trigger assembly.

So your "smoking gun" is posted at the top.

Chris

On the subject of the clamps...
I think some sort of pipe hanging bracket is a good idea. I've seen some similar ones, but nothing exact.

The motorcycle cable clamp isn't bad, but probably not right.
Every one will have a small round hole on one side where the Fett clamps have a wide flat area (where the scope rail pieces are mounted).
It also wouldn't explain the tabs hanging underneath.

Heck I don't care which one it is, I just want to be sure, but I'm still not seeing it man. All I see are flashtubes, but nothing that screams MPP or Heiland since the photo quality can hide or deceive many details (I'm sure you've seen how bad photo's can send you down the wrong path quickly).

I guess I would like a smoking gun to look like arrows pointing to the right holes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any research on the various flash gun clamps? I would think these could be possibilty, heck they used the things for everything else.

Ok lonepigeon, I'll put my doubts to rest. You're right about the MPP. The reason I had my doubts is that when an actual maker of these 197X props says he thinks it was a Heiland, makes you wonder.

I picked up a real MPP awhile ago and shot some comparison pics with the Heiland since I've never seen any on TDH that compared the two.

ESB Blaster2.jpg

ESB Blaster3.jpg

ESB Blaster1.jpg

Ok lonepigeon, I'll put my doubts to rest. You're right about the MPP. The reason I had my doubts is that when an actual maker of these 197X props says he thinks it was a Heiland, makes you wonder.

Who said they thought it was a Heiland?
The gun was rented from Bapty, not sure if it was them or the UK prop dept that dressed it. If you asked anyone from ILM they wouldn't know, they had nothing to do with most of the gun props from ANH and ESB.

Nice comparison shots.

Who said they thought it was a Heiland?
The gun was rented from Bapty, not sure if it was them or the UK prop dept that dressed it. If you asked anyone from ILM they wouldn't know, they had nothing to do with most of the gun props from ANH and ESB.

Nice comparison shots.

Man, I wish I had more complete information. It's a tough puzzle to put together. I knew where it came from, but I don't have a name since it's second-hand info for me. Who knows, I might have been told and forgot since that was a year or two ago. As usual, all I know is that he was old :lol:lol: so that means he's really old now. Seems like there's always a few bits and pieces that get remembered incorrectly by the folks who were there anyway.

Hey SingleSeat,

realy nice comparsion pics but I´m still not 100% sure if it was an MPP or a Heiland. The reason why I´m not sure is simple because I have a heiland in my webley and in my heiland there is not the big and smal hole on front over the 2 long squere holes like on the heiland you showed. At the back side if you look into the barrel I have the big and smal hole and my heiland looks exactly like the MPP. Here take a look yourself.

CIMG2241.jpg

Greetings Guido

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey SingleSeat,
realy nice comparsion pics but I´m still not 100% sure if it was an MPP or a Heiland. The reason why I´m not sure is simple because I have a heiland in my webley and in my heiland there is not the big and smal hole on front over the 2 long squere holes like on ythe heiland you showed. At the back side if you look into the barrel I have the big and smal hole and my heiland looks exactly like the MPP. Here take a look yourself.​
I have a 2 cell heiland in my ee3 and it is very close to what you are showing in the pictures. It may be a difference in how the different flashes are constructed. It would make sense that they would use a 2 cell while using the 3 cells for the sabers. Just my 2 cents.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back