TD "Cheese Grater" Hand Armor Reference Request

tubachris85x

Well-Known Hunter
Hey everyone,

Im looking for some reference pics of the cheese grater hand armor for the sandtroopers. I was requested to make a set for someone, and Ive seen them before, and they arent difficult from what I saw to re-produce. Apparently theres a need for them? Any ways, I dont think it will be to hard to sculpt if I get the proper reference pictures and such, Thanks guys!

-tubachris

Try over on the RPF, I know theirs some pictures of them on the "Stormtrooper Oddities" thread so skim through that.

Try over on the RPF, I know theirs some pictures of them on the "Stormtrooper Oddities" thread so skim through that.

Yea, I looked through all 43 pages of that thread, they only discussed the variant ANH hand plates, nothing on the cheese graters though.

-tubachris

This is the only image of the handguards I can find. Can someone be able to blow up this picture, even enhance it? Thanks!

fun26.jpg

Well, to be honest, if that is a fan made version, it dosnt look that much accurate, then again, I dont think anyone can really say it is or isnt because theres hardly any reference. I just need an enhanced image of the screenshot. From the pic, it looks like there are 2 elevated lines running parallel from the top of the wrist, to mid-way down towards the fingers, with depressions. The parallel lines may be a shadow effect though.

-tubachris

I think what your seeing in the handplate is that its simple cracked and warped. The fan made one is just a simple plate with the impression lines, were as the ones from the movie were obviously thrown together last minture and look very warped and one has a large crack down the middle.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back