Armor progress. WOF XL templates.

tbone9600

Active Hunter
Well after slightly reshaping the first set of armor, it ended up being too small for my hulking size.:lol: Fortunately (yet oddly) the cod, collar, and shoulder armor do fit so it's just the torso and kidney armor that has to be made. So here I am once again building something from scratch. Thanks again Wizard for the outstanding and easy to use templates. I started yesterday afternoon and I'm ready for prime and base paint later this afternoon after I get some sleep. Here's what I have so far.

Chest and Abd V.2 002sm.JPG

Kidney Armor 001sm.jpg

The dents? I just directed the heat gun on the individual area where the dent was going and then used the butt end of a carpet knife/box cutter, a screw driver, and my fingers(with gloves of course).

Great looking set there...i was thinking have you ever thought of bonding a thin strip is sintra (along all edges) to make it appear thicker.. 6mm, then sand accordingly.

i think scratch built is awesome but i always thought they lacked the "heft" of a thicker look.

LMK it this makes sence.

Great looking set there...i was thinking have you ever thought of bonding a thin strip is sintra (along all edges) to make it appear thicker.. 6mm, then sand accordingly.

i think scratch built is awesome but i always thought they lacked the "heft" of a thicker look.

LMK it this makes sence.

Actually it makes a lot of sense. I might look into that. Although the fiberglass armor I have is about the same thickness. Hmmmm.

Update. Armor progress. WOF XL templates.

Well, I spent a good part of Friday afternoon and the biggest part of Saturday working on this. I think it's coming along pretty well. I just need to get the decal made and applied, do some light finish sanding, weathering, and clear coat and I should be almost done... if everything goes well. Here's what it looks like now.

Layering Chest and Abd V.2 015sm.JPG

I got some decal paper today and got my decal made. Hopefully I can get it applied and some weathering done this evening. I've been working on something else in the down time. I'll wait till I'm done to post it.

Hey all. I finally got the chest decal applied and the weathering done. I had a bit of a rough time with the decal though I ended up making three before it worked or I was satisfied. The first time it crinkled up on me I still can't figure out how that happened. I just need to clear coat it and I think I'll be finished. I've almost got my other little side project finished too. I'll post pics of it when it's done. Then it's on to finish my kidney armor. Anybody have a good pic of it? I have found a few but they're not the greatest.

Weathered Chest and Abd V.2 001 cropped.JPG

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back