our zam version 2.0

MonCal

Active Hunter
We barely got the zam done for CIV. Kathy had to do a little work to it in L.A. as a matter of fact and the stupid hoses were still sticky ;)

It was worth it though. She won 1st place in her category of the costume contest which was definitely one of the hi-lights of the trip :)

Notice Kay-dee up there too :) She won 1st place in her category too.

P1010724sm.JPG

ourzam02sm.jpg

ourzam03sm.jpg

ourzam05sm.jpg

ourzam07sm.jpg

ourzam09sm.jpg

After making this costume for the 2nd time I've really learned a thing or two about lighting and how it affects colors. Kay-dee I bet you notice it with your purple gown. Kathy looked like a blueberry or something from willy wonka around most of the convention center. The stage for the costume contest was fortunately the only place she looked good.

I might compile some pictures using different lighting to show what I mean. I've also come to the conclusion that it will be completely impossible to match the original costume unless it's on display in natural lighting somewhere and we can take pictures that are true.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome second run! How did you get your hoses to stay nice n round? I am having that problem still. I am also going at a snails pace for Zam 2.0, and probably won't have it done by this Dragon con, within this life time is considered an achievement, cause of my little kiddo. I should change my name to ZamSnail. But yeah, lots nicer. Those pics don't make her costume look blueberry at all.

Thanks gang! I appreciate the kudos. Man... this costume is a lot of work though ;)

Yvonne, to be honest I'm not happy with that hose anymore. I need to find the right stuff... or at least something that is more flexible. I have heated our hoses with a heat gun and was able to get them to hold the perfect shape but they keep retaining memory and going back.... pain in the rear....... oh did y'all know there is supposed to be a lace going through the grommet in the front of the cummerbund that ties to the back of the ovary bits to keep them close to your body? Yup... it should be there. We barely discovered that in a a couple promo shots :)

dude, your wife's costume looks fabulous...i agree about the color variations and i figure the best way to construct this costume is to be sure that whatever you have for colors they complement each other and are in the purple family...

the costume youve got there really came out awesome

That is just one awesome Zam! Congrats MonCal and Kathy!!! Definitely a well deserved award there! Wish I had been able to see it in person! :(

I should change my name to ZamSnail.

Sorry... that's my name! ;) I've been working on this costume forever... I get to be ZamSnail! :lol:lol:

Thanks gang! I appreciate the kudos. Man... this costume is a lot of work though ;)

Yvonne, to be honest I'm not happy with that hose anymore. I need to find the right stuff... or at least something that is more flexible. I have heated our hoses with a heat gun and was able to get them to hold the perfect shape but they keep retaining memory and going back.... pain in the rear....... oh did y'all know there is supposed to be a lace going through the grommet in the front of the cummerbund that ties to the back of the ovary bits to keep them close to your body? Yup... it should be there. We barely discovered that in a a couple promo shots :)

So that's what the grommet is for! I thought it was just there to line up with the back of the cumberbun's lacing.

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back