Su cuy'gar (Greetings :) )

Oh sorry, you misunderstand. I forgot to quote from jodo.

I'm just doing a head/neck seal as I demonstrated above, this vader style seal looks too locked off and uncomfortable

Oh ok, yeah I have to do the same in my Tie gear to make the impression it is a sealed costume.

Good luck on the armor!!

Oh sorry, you misunderstand. I forgot to quote from jodo.

I'm just doing a head/neck seal as I demonstrated above, this vader style seal looks too locked off and uncomfortable

Yeah, thats deffinitly going to be ALOT more comfortable as apose to a Vader-esq "hard" neck seal. :)

Minor update, yet progress!

I've decided to make a functional, aye functional, rebreather for this suit. Found some old waterhoses, and bought new ones for the rebreather. Cleaned them, and attached the "screws" that will connect from the backpack to the helmet... then easily comes off.

IMG_0078.gif

The white thing there will be the internal breathing mechanism. I'll modify it so it I can stop breathing through it when speaking and so forth.

IMG_0076.gif

Cleaning the hose ;)

IMG_0089.gif

Completed first part of the rebreather. Note: Need the connecting part.

IMG_0091.gif

Another view.

IMG_0085.gif

Testing the length, and you can now see how this will work... I hope.

IMG_0077.gif

Starting the blaster carbine/rifle. Needed to saw this by hand, hoping to get the REAL thing up sometime on the next days. Might actually have to buy new wood, LOL.

-

The sketches are complete, and will upload in 2-3 hours. I actually revamped the design of the overall suit, and looks more like canon shock troopers of the neo-crusaders.

Comments and critics - please tell me what you think honest! Thanks!

Found a plast retailer. Tell me, PVC Foam is sintra, right? They got in white colour in 3-10mm thickness. I think, if this is the correct one, that most, if not all the parts except helmet will be made using this.

- H.

PVC foam? I don't think, I wouldn't say sintra is PVC foam....."Expanded PVC Sheet", but I wouldn't think "foam". But that makes me wonder what PVC foam is...It sounds fun. :lol:

You could try www.usplastics.com ,thats where I got mine from.

PVC foam? I don't think, I wouldn't say sintra is PVC foam....."Expanded PVC Sheet", but I wouldn't think "foam". But that makes me wonder what PVC foam is...It sounds fun. :lol:

You could try www.usplastics.com ,thats where I got mine from.

Sintra is a closed-cell expanded PVC. Which is, by industry definitions, a foam.

-x

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted them today, and this "Foamed PVC sheet" as on their webpage is basically the same material called 'sintra' in the US. The price blew me away too! Real cheap.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back