US Divers belt buckle blueprint

Rich D

Active Hunter
I got a U.S. Divers belt buckle from eBay recently. I got mine for $40, but I've seen them go for upwards of $75.

If anyone's interested in trying to make their own buckle out of something like aluminum, here's a blueprint. You'd probably want to use 16 or 20 gauge material.

The dotted lines indicate a bend, except the lateral dotted line on the buckle base, which indicates an optional rolled groove (that my buckle has). I'll try to find a picture of that.

The PDF template is intended to be printed at 100%. Enjoy!

US-Divers-Buckle2.jpg

Attachments

• US Divers Buckle v1.pdf
    4.8 KB · Views: 2,317
Thank you! that was on the list to do, but haven't had the time. I don't have the US Divers, but I have a SSteel bucklet from that time period that I was going to convert, this will make the job easy.

Alan

Thank you! that was on the list to do, but haven't had the time. I don't have the US Divers, but I have a SSteel bucklet from that time period that I was going to convert, this will make the job easy.

Alan

if it helps, the vertical dotted lines on the bottom piece indicate the bend point on the inside of the bend. The capsule-shaped slots (on my buckle) are partially stretched around the outside of the bend, as the material warps during the bend. I'll try to post a picture of that.

ok so I feel a bit dumb here but how does this work??? like how does it hold the ends together.
I just want to make it so that its functional

Last edited by a moderator:
The flat parts are bent along the dotted lines and will have the shape presented on the right and bottom parts. The small ears from the right flat piece goes into the holes on the left piece. After you do all the strap webbing, the shear pressure and friction applied by the buckle will hold the belt in place:

us-divers-belt-buckle-blueprint-us-divers-buckle2-jpg-18137d1181403614

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back