Helmet with Eyes

Jango and Zam

Active Hunter
I found these photos of Boba Fetts helmet with eyes from the Star Wars Chronicles book. In which these where very early concepts of what his helmet would look like. So I'm wondering if I were to put these on a helmet would they be accepted as a accurate Boba Fett costume. And would I be able to get in to the 501 ?

boba eyes1.JPG

bobaeyes2.JPG

It would be accurate only if you went with that whole body pre-pro suit.

Not sure if the pre-pro suits are accepted as a first 501st costume or not. Webchief?

....and I've got a big question, think that main helmet color is Panzerolivegrun like the next few helmets they made (maybe just not weathered down as much with blackwashing), or some other color all together? I've wondered that myself while browsing the Chronicles book.

Ya, the chronicles book is great. So you say if I don't follow the ref photos of the chronicle book to a T , then the costume will not be accepted in the 501. There that strict!

....and I've got a big question, think that main helmet color is Panzerolivegrun like the next few helmets they made (maybe just not weathered down as much with blackwashing), or some other color all together? I've wondered that myself while browsing the Chronicles book.

I'm not a pre-pro expert, but I don't think there's any way that's PO Green. Unless the color on those pics is waaaaaaaay off.

No that helmet is most certainally not POG. It is much more blue then green. As for weather or not you could get into the 501st with it I don't see any reason that if you built an entire pp1 costume and it was up to standards that they could deny you. I am in the 501st with my pp2 costume. But now if you did a ROTJ style costume and just added the "eyes" to your helmet then no I don't think that would be acceptable.

I am not sure...but they look more like ears (like the rabbit ones) to me, than eyes....

Cheers

Alfredo
Exactly what I always say. "It's the Fett with Ears," I always say. Generally eyes have pupils, but whatever, this is Boba Fett. We never call things what they really are. Rocketpack = Jet Pack, Gauntlets = Bracers, ESB = The Best.

I actually never knew it was refferred as the "bunny ears" helmet until Predatormv told me that. I always just called it the "eyes version 2".

Preproduction helmets, basicly test fittings,colors and such!
till they got something Lucas liked, ESB fett!

Pre-Pro = PP
Version 1 = V1

PP+ V1 = PPV1

Ok, I don't quite yet know the lingo .

What is a PPV1 and a PP2 and a Pre-Pro.

Could you guys help me understand whta you are talking about.

Thanks Jango & Zam :zam

Preproduction helmets, basicly test fittings,colors and such!
till they got something Lucas liked, ESB fett!

Pre-Pro = PP
Version 1 = V1

PP+ V1 = PPV1

Actually he liked the PP2 costume which is why it is the one that is all over the toys and posters and what not but the costume "dissapeared" and they were forced to make a new one. When they did he decided he wanted to tone the colors down more and make it more green and grey. So if that costume wouldn't have gone missing the PP2 would have been the ESB suit.

The must have liked it enough to go right back to that jet pack paint scheme when they made the ROTJ suit, as it's the same basic look as all 3 of the pre-pro suits (not counting the albino pre-pro, which is I think the very first pre-pro).

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back