Painting Tips and posting pics of Helmet

Mojo Fett

Well-Known Hunter
Hey Guys, can anyone tell me just how to post pics on the Forum so I can show you my scratch lid? It's not perfect by any means but would welcome comments before I start to paint... Really wanna get it ready for London for Celebratrion Europe? :)
It's built from Foamex (Sintra) using WOF's Templates.... Thanks Alan

When you [click] reply to a thread, click the "insert image" icon at the top toolbar in the "Message:" window. It looks like a mountain with a sun in the right upper corner, and it's light yellow color. Next copy the address of your online photo from your Photobucket, Snapfish or other online photo album right into the address line that pops up from clicking the "insert image" icon.

Click "ok" then use the "Preview Post" button to be sure it look like what you want to post. After it's ready to go, click "Submit Reply."

(y)

Cheers for that... I was beginning to think that no-one would help? seems to me I need to set up an on line photo album? as when I clicked that icon before it just clicks at me... Soz... is that easily done?
thanks again Mandalor much appreciated. (y)

Mandalor... wicked! I was gonna ask the dent for aid as i didn't wanna frustrate the forum with yet another newbie with the same OLD questions? lol
will post a couple of pics now to see if it works hope their ok?
just tried and still it just clicks at me? have set up photobucket...

Mandalor... wicked! I was gonna ask the dent for aid as i didn't wanna frustrate the forum with yet another newbie with the same OLD questions? lol
will post a couple of pics now to see if it works hope their ok?
just tried and still it just clicks at me? have set up photobucket...

Be sure to allow pop-ups from www.thedentedhelmet.com or just hold the Ctrl button when clicking the "Insert Image" button. A pop-up window will appear for you to add the http: address.

Great looking work btw! The rangefinder earcap is really sharp, nice job.

(y)

Thanks tk7602... much appreciated? altho a self criticism would be that the dome is too shallow... I wanted to try the self build before buying my first lid. I like the look of the BM lid? would you have any tips for a newbie?

cheers Mandalor, again much appreciated. still can't get my head around posting pics on this forum instead of leading ppl to my photobucket? but I'm sure that will come with time... lol

Uther... the gap will be reduced when I fiberglass the inside to strengthen the Lid, but yeah it is.
As for the dome... really torn between getting it sorted with bondo - or taking a fiberglass cast and sorting it then? AGGhhhhh :confused
Just want it ready for Celeb Europe... gonna get it signed by Boba himself (y)

I think it would be better to fix it with bondo, so that you cast a clean fiberglass cast, rather than screwing with the final fiberglass product.

Hey! You're just around the corner from me, check out Alec Tiranti's just outside Newbury, an awsome place supplying all sorts of sculpting kit. Just go in there with your sculpt and they'll be MORE than helpfull...

Hey Nice one TF... Will try that? did you see the pics and agree with the shallow part, I think it's at a stage where it can be cast? where are ya from?

Can't seem to find the pics...Make sure everything's spot on before you cast...There'll always be some detail that'll make you want to do a V 2!
I live in Reading by the way...

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back