The fett in person

To add a little bit to what Spidey got from the Archivest... I was luckey enough to meet with her as well, and asked many of the same questions. A few tid bits she shared with me that SF didnt mention are what they have in the archives that they use for these exhibits.

They have several crates with armor parts from ROTJ and some "Misilanious" peices as well. There are only enough peices to mix and match to make 2 full ROTJ body displays though. The raised part on the diamond is on some of the diamonds they have and missing on others. But there was never a repair. She didnt know why there were veriations on the knee darts with and with out the rings, but she did shed light on the fact that there are also multiple jumpsuits and acording to her the pants and top portion connect in the middle some how... but I have no proof to show how that works nor can I tell from looking at it.

The armor is attached with gromets (that may not be new but who cares) and I think the only chap who did there armor this way was Man Of War.

We did get several great shots of the board in side the helmet that Lee mentioned so I found that interesting. I am sure there are other things but I just cant think of them right now. Either way I feel lucky to have had the chance to talk to the one person whos job it is to keep my favorite costume safe and sound. I think the one pic I wish we had was the one of mine, Spideys, and DMs face when PredatorMV told us the Fett was at the con!

:)

Hey guys, that was me (Britt, 501st Photographer) that was shooting. I shot about 4 gigs of 12 megapixel images with a 100-400mm L series zoom lens (which mean I could get super super detail and clarity and very very up close). I'll end up probably sending my photos via DVD to Art or someone who wants to put them up because I have a bazillion of other photos from other groups I have to detail with from C4.

Example shot... this is just a small section of a full size shot of the helmet. Just to give you all an idea of the detail.

C4-Day5-Archive-BobaFett-Crop.jpg

Art, I also need to seen the California Science Center BlasTech EE-3 rifle photos.

Oh my. :eek::love (y)

(y)

BTW, thanks Britt for shooting the TDH group and all the up close Boba shots.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holey Moley!!!!!! If the rest of the pics are like that, then it is gonna be terrific!!! Outstanding!!! THankyou for sharing,
D

Can't wait to see the detail on the armour... Going to the exhibition in London v.soon and can't wait to take my own pics for reference... As a newbie won't have my Fett outfit ready in time :cry

WOW...great stuff Britt!:eek:....thanks for taking all the awesome pics....

Here are a few that give you an Idea of what kind of lighting we had to work with in the exhibit, with no flash and no addtional lighting source......also keep in mind these are scaled down to fit this board, so we'll post the higher-res ones later...

to me, this is what it actually looked like in the exhibit...in terms of lighting.

Enjoy..:)

tdhpost1.jpg

tdhpost2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pay special attention to the red brown color of the jumpsuit. That is what it is, no adjustment to color or lighting needed. Its quite dark.

Nice shots... gives me an idea of lighting to work with? will boro a mates camera to take my pics... I'm scratch building my ESB lid from WOF's templates and just about to start airbrushing...... Really hope to get finished to have Boba sign it himself! (y)

Anyone any idea how I can post pics of my build as would welcome comments?

Is there anything I can particularly look out for that ppl may have missed?

Missed? As in details? Colors??? Elaborate on that. The big issue is there are multiple versions of armor and soft goods that we have been using on our costume. I think it is best to just pic one exhibit and base it off of that and the pics of that stop to ensure the details are correct.

Thanks Evan... as mentioned I'm a newbie and I think your right, I've tried looking at all aspects of all versions and have exhausted myself with detail? I'm trying to create the best ESB that I can? it's gonna be with the help and guidance of you uys to steer me in the right direction... :confused

The AOSW and MOM jumpsuits never appeared to be exactly the same colors to me. I know one of our members here has been able to touch the ROTJ MOM jumpsuit and said they flipped open the thigh pouch and the completely un-weathered material inside was "ESB light blue". Now, the AOSW one has always appeared to have a more "purply hue" to it.....

Thanks for the heads up Mr Fett... I'll try to concentrate on one version and one version only!! lol
I know there is 50/50 split between ESB & ROTJ versions within this community (not gonna open that box).
But as stated any guidance now and in future will not fall no deaf ears.

I would believe it on the light blue... I didnt think to flip open the pouch though... but there are, like I said before, 5 ROTJ under-suits. Each has the ability to be different.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back