Has anyone allready done this helmet idea?

great work, but the paint job seems a bit off to me, I mean the acid parts are great, but it doesn't look like it came off of Boba....the rest of the details are not there, like the yellow under the green, or the other parts that have green on it but are suppose to be worn off by previous battles and whatnot.

I love your work so far, I just think that if it looked a bit more Boba in detail, it would be even more impressive

Hi Zeever,
I've been getting a few comments along the same lines here and I thought I should clear some things up.

Firstly, I really appreciate everyone's tips and encouragement. Thanks. :)

Second, I didn't ever intend this to be a screen accurate Boba, just something to wear at Halloween etc... (and yes I know a lot of you wear your 100% Fetts to Halloween too but I'm not that diseased yet :lol:)

This just started after I picked up a cheap helmet and some cheap armour off eBay as a fun project to do in my rare free moments (don't let my being signed in all day fool you, I work :p).
However, people's suggestions and the effort they put into their own work sort of motivated me to keep making changes. I'm just going for a general impression of Fett, I would love the time/money/mad-skills to make a screen accurate Boba but that's not happening soon.

So, if anyone else here is thinking of doing a post-sarlacc Boba I would like to metaphorically hand over the reigns to more capable hands, whose take on this I would eagerly await.

Thanks

.... oh also; I've added the yellow to the armour too, I'll post pics of it and my new-and-improved helmet paintjob tomorrow (in a couple of hours).

I'm excited! New picture updates coming soon!

Don't be hard on yourself. You got mad skillz! Keep it up bro!

I believe the daughter thrusting took place post-sarlacc... wow.

Yeah, don't be hard on yourself. This is seriously one of the most interesting Boba projects I've ever seen on here (along the lines of the guy who made a realistic Holiday Special version of Boba) and I've been here since the beginning. Like we've all said, just make the unscathed parts as close to the ROTJ suit as you can (because that's the suit you're really trying to match up to), and all the rest can be covered up with the excellent "acid" weathering you have already shown us in your previous pictures.

As far as the jumpsuit, the old armor posters that Lucasfilm released about Boba's Mandalorian armor said it was supposed to be a double layered jumpsuit so it would be a pretty tough material in the Star Wars universe. Here's my idea for it..... rip up certain sections of the suit like on the arms or legs so you can see down to the skin. Then use some sort of prosthetic burned skin effect that people will be able to see underneath. Think of a Jason from Friday the 13th type effect. You don't even need to spend the time doing makeup on yourself. Attach the burned skin pieces to underarmor or some other tight clothes. You might also want to spray sections of the jumpsuit (and armor, actually) with something like Perma-Wet or some other kind of FX gel type coating to give it a glossy liquid type coating (much like the mucus that would likely exist inside the Sarlacc). You could go as far as using silicone or something to make drips of gross mucus hanging off armor parts and stuff like that. (Think Gammorean Guard mouth saliva). That would take the costume to the highest level possible.....like you had literally just gotten out of the Sarlacc pit. :D

Here are some new pics, still none of the colours look right because of the horrible combination of my artificial lighting and my overblown flash. That being said, the helmet pics are a lot closer to what they look like in person than the last ones I posted....

Armour:
Yellow added (dents not yet but coming), flight-suit is not weathered yet, I'll be following Mr Fett's above suggestions for that:

armour.jpg

New and improved helmet paint job:

right.jpg

front.jpg

left.jpg

some of the detail on the top:

top.jpg

topleft.jpg

That’s it for now, a little bit more later then a lot more a lot later as I'll be away for over a week.

Don't forget to add those two main silver 'dinged' areas on the right shoulder bell, and the catwhisker yellow around the normal silver spots on the shoulder bells. Also, the ROTJ helmet didn't have any green on the left earpiece as you have on yours. Both earpieces were normally just a bare metal color.

Gotta scum up that vest to match the armor parts that are attached to it, too. ;)

Keep up the good work! Are you going to use a jet pack? If so it's gotta be the force pike damaged one like pictured at the top of this thread. :)

Also, the ROTJ helmet didn't have any green on the left earpiece as you have on yours. Both earpieces were normally just a bare metal color.
Ah, whoops :p. Thanks for that.

Yeah, shoulder bells will get their silver & yellow tonight, but I'll leave the vest/flight-suit weathering till I get back.

As for the jet pack, it's the last thing on the list atm - I still need gauntlets.

I'm considering starting a Wanted to Buy thread for busted, broken, etc... Fett parts. Get 'em for less and incorporate the damage, I imagine the gauntlets would be the worst hit by the Sarlacc acid what with all the numerous components.

:cheers AWESOME CONCEPT AND EXECUTION!

Very good weathering on all the metal. An idea on how to stain or weather the soft parts, jumpsuit etc, would be to use coffee as a staining agent. Safe, cheap and readily available. It worked great on some vampire teeth. They came out looking very realistic. Mr Fett had a great idea about the rips and some scarred skin beneath. I think the jet pack would have been beat ALL to He!!, or you could say it didn't even make it out of the pit

Can't wait to see the whole thing!

Keep up the good work!

I think the original paint job on the bucket was better.
Also, are you going to weather the vest?
Where are Boba's original dents too?
Just askin, no offense meant by it

Where are Boba's original dents too?
Just askin, no offense meant by it

From the ROTJ costume wearer's perspective: Upper left outside of left chest plate, as well as 2 dents on lower part of that plate....upper right edge of ab plate as well as lower edge....3 holes drilled through entire plate in a triangular pattern on lower left of ab plate. Inside right edge of collar armor, as well as a 4 smaller dents on left side of collar armor....one dent on right side of backplate, diagonally between the harness strap hole and outside edge of plate......one large and a couple small dents in codpiece. The 2 dents on the right shoulder bell are iffy, because in the AOSW suit they are there and in the MOM suit they are not. In the movie itself it's hard to tell. The knees also have some denting.

But I'm not looking right at a pic to tell you where. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
From the ROTJ costume wearer's perspective: Upper left outside of left chest plate, as well as 2 dents on lower part of that plate....upper right edge of ab plate as well as lower edge....3 holes drilled through entire plate in a triangular pattern on lower left of ab plate. Inside right edge of collar armor, as well as a 4 smaller dents on left side of collar armor....one dent on right side of backplate, diagonally between the harness strap hole and outside edge of plate......one large and a couple small dents in codpiece. The 2 dents on the right shoulder bell are iffy, because in the AOSW suit they are there and in the MOM suit they are not. In the movie itself it's hard to tell. The knees also have some denting.

But I'm not looking right at a pic to tell you where. :lol:

I meant on his costume buddy..but thanks!

Hi Pesh, awesome job you're doing mate! Your suit's gonna be a showstopper when it's done!!!

Some ideas for the soft parts:

Gloves: Maybe think about ripping fingers away so yours are exposed, possibly burning the backs of the gloves - in a controlled environment of course - or maybe give them to your dog for an hour or two!!! While they're damp from dog saliva, take them out the back and rub them in the dirt!!! :D

Cape: I would think about cutting it back to elbow length (or poss half elbow/half full length...) and using the same weathering technique (of your choice) to give it the burnt look.

Gauntlet pipes: I'd take a file to thes so you have several gaping holes in them, then apply real heavy yellowing to them.

Shoes: As per Mr Fett's post above, I would try to cover them in something so that they permanently look wet, in fact I'd be tempted to go up as far as the knees, even part way up the thigh! Also, possibly round down one or two of the foot spikes, or bend them out.

I also had a thought for your blaster, what I think would look really cool is if it was painted to look as though it had been part stripped down to the metal, and maybe some bite/teeth damage in the stock or the sight!??

Ok thats it from me I think, hope you like (at least some of) my ideas!
I'd be honoured if you took some of them on board!!!

If I've reiterated anyone else's ideas here then I do apologise, I don't mean to be a tea leaf!!!

Keep up the good work mate, and post pics OFTEN!!!! (y)

Thanks Paul they're some nice ideas, I love the knee-deep in sarlacc slime one!
I've just got back from a skiing holiday (where I won a costume party I might add) so I have no new progress yet. When I have some, I'll post it :)

You're welcome Pesh, only too glad to help!!!

I just found this page, which was directly linked from TDH (Those with a weak stomach beware!)

http://www.bugsinmyhead.com/wia.html

Its a Starship Troopers Infantryman that was impaled by a bug in the film.
I thought the idea might appeal. At the very least, it's a good showcase for the effect of fresh blood (or any other fluid) on armour!

I didn't post pics here cos it's fairly grim!!

Hope its useful!!! :cheers

Darth Paul, that Starship Troopers page you posted is the guy that originally started this board, The Dented Helmet. ;)

DPaul, that link is pretty sweet! Great effect there. Pesh, are you going to have Boba stabbed through the chest? Ha ha just kidding, but those fluids look great on that suit!

Darth Paul, that Starship Troopers page you posted is the guy that originally started this board, The Dented Helmet. ;)

Hah! No way!!! Talented guy!!! The work in that infantryman uniform looks awesome!!! And he must be SO proud of this site!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys!!!

Pesh I dunno if getting a spike right through your Fett does it for you, but I guess it'd be possible for the Sarlacc to leave a few teeth here or there, kinda like a shark attack!!?

Right, I'm off to bed, going to Celebration Europe in the morning!!! (y)

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back