Polly Scale Colour Problem

bobamaker

Active Hunter
Just started painting my JP and have realised that the UP ARMOR YELLOW that I just got from the States is a different shade than one I bought last year. The odd thing is... both jars have the same batch number.

The JP on the top has last years paint, the lower JP is the new jar :confused

DAZ

Yellow_Problem.jpg

Might have been a bad batch DAZ, hopefully they are not all like that now.

I have some old stuff if you need me to send you some.

Holy moley!!!!! Looks like 2 completely different colors!!!! Dunno what to tell ya there!!! Is it possible that the bottom one was mislabled by the factory???/ That sucks.
D

Wow, that is a big difference in tone.
The UP A. Yellow I've used before definitely looks like the top jet pack.

If you would just send me a jet pack, I'd be happy to conduct an extensive color comparison for you. ;) :lol:

This seems to happen all to frequently with there colors. Boxcar did that too. I think the formulas just seem to change for no reason. :(

I just don't think they have good quality control. Careful with the UP Yellow, it clumps if it gets too old...killed my airbrush and killed my paintjob last night...was very very very pissed.

Just started painting my JP and have realised that the UP ARMOR YELLOW that I just got from the States is a different shade than one I bought last year. The odd thing is... both jars have the same batch number.
The JP on the top has last years paint, the lower JP is the new jar :confused

DAZ

Did you use the same color primer?? That might of made a little difference...But not that much, WOW..:eek:

Like others have said, may just have been a bad batch....the one on the top looks like the correct UP-ARMOR version.

I say make a darker hue or custom mix, using up-armor as the base..;) and mist accordingly..
(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the tips...

...Yep, both have the same density white primer and there were no clumps in the paint. Both jars have been stored in a room temperature dark cupboard. Luckily I have enough of the darker version to re-paint the lower jet pack, this is now complete and looks exactly like the upper version.

DAZ

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back