Question about Helmet.

Ordo 221

New Hunter
I think this is my first time actually posting here, at least that I can remember anyway.
I've finally started to take steps towards making my own mando suit and I've found a helmet on ebay.
The helmet is around $40 and is a Rubies helmet. The only things that concern me are the sizing (I have a big head,) and that the anttena is sticking out a little bit.

Should I get this or should I keep looking around for a different helmet?

I think this is my first time actually posting here, at least that I can remember anyway.
I've finally started to take steps towards making my own mando suit and I've found a helmet on ebay.
The helmet is around $40 and is a Rubies helmet. The only things that concern me are the sizing (I have a big head,) and that the anttena is sticking out a little bit.

Should I get this or should I keep looking around for a different helmet?

well it depends... are you looking to make an entry level Fett costume? it's not a bad place to start actually, especially if you're just getting into the whole Fett costuming gig. an entry lvl costume is also a great place to make mistakes. plus it gives you lots of room to move up in the costuming world.

so I personally would not waste my money on a rubies, but if money is tight and you want to just see what you can do to begin with, go for it. the experience you recieve is priceless.

Ordo,
Personally I wouldn't go with a Rubies for a couple of reasons.
First, the size. You mentioned you have "a big head," and compared to the actual movie helmet, the Rubies is an undersized copy.
Second, if you're going to progress to doing an entire costume, once you get into it, you'll eventually see some other type of helmet that looks better overall. So you will probably want to 'upgrade.'
There are a lot of good helmet manufacturers to be found here on the board. Do some research before you buy something. For only a little more than twice the cost of that Rubies you're looking at, you can pick up a really nice resin helmet kit.
Welcome to TDH!
Eric

Do not buy a Rubies.
They come very deformed, need a lot of work, undersized, and you could get something a lot better, for the price of modding your rubies.

Keep looking IMO. or try building yourself....... takes time but allot of satisfaction when it turns out? Have you tried WOF's templates...?

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back