Zam with a conscience

Zam I Am

Well-Known Hunter
http://www.tfaw.com/Profile/Star-Wa...e-4-Jango-Fett-Zam-Wesell-HC___259049<br></a>

But get this... She was totally dressed like Slave leia in this book...

Image:Zam_slave_outfit.jpg

EDIT!! Sorry wrong book... This is the comic/magazine where that pic came from... not from the 30th addition I think...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Zam_Wesell

Last edited by a moderator:
Well... I ain't changing my costume! :lol: :lol:

Can't they come up with something a little more original than that design? C'mon guys? :rolleyes

Well... I ain't changing my costume! :lol: :lol:

Can't they come up with something a little more original than that design? C'mon guys? :rolleyes

That's what I said to my hubby. Granted, I am a very conservative person, and, I wouldn't change my outfit either, but c'mon, her regular outfit was sleek and mysteriously sexy without the -- "less costume body coverage" -- too much of a copy of slave leia outfit. There are many ways to capture sexy female without having to show so much skin. You'd be surprised, when you gals start to wear that veil-tons of people want to know what's underneath.

I'm not dissing the fact that almost every SW fanboy fantasizes their lady in a slave leia, it's just a shame to mix the two, from my conservative costume dresser's point of view.

Oops mixed up reference material, see first post.

I'm sure that's form a story of her 'past' life isn't? She was enslaved by some punk so she killed him, Jango loved her work so enroled her as a kick butt female bounty hunter...

Or something like that, LOL

Good imagination, John.

I think I'll stick to the original costume, too. At my age, the more you cover, the better! (I really need a full head mask or helmet like Fett to be believable.)

They changed her hair, too. Too much testosterone in whoever wrote/illustrated that comic....

Yeah, no kidding.... The Slave Leia look is purely testosterone-driven. :p

I'm with zamgram on this one. One reason I like Zam's costume -- the veil hides much!

On the other hand... Who says a Clawdite can't change to appear older if she wants to???? Maybe I'm just rationalizing... :lol:

much more bad in the purple get up....slave costumes should be saved for leia

much more bad in the purple get up....slave costumes should be saved for leia

armor ain't for wimps, that's fo' sho'

:lol: hubby went fanboy on me, he said, "it looks nothing like a slave leia costume, leia never had a blaster in hand." :love :lol:
Then I gave him the stare down, and then he said, "um yeah, and that blaster isn't a KYD either." :rolleyes :lol:

Oh, SL8456 is right, that's the zam history. She got enslaved somehow.

What??? The "top" if you could call it that .. :rolleyes is almost exactly like the Slave Leia. The bottom part is only a variation of Leia's outfit. Hardly anything original at all. Is she supposed to be a Hutt slave? Do they have uniforms or something? :lol: :lol: I can see this being a FanBoy Fantasy... *gags*

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the Slave Leia costume, or with those who wish to costume in it... I have a problem with the lack of imagination shown in that comic! :D

What??? The "top" if you could call it that .. :rolleyes is almost exactly like the Slave Leia. The bottom part is only a variation of Leia's outfit. Hardly anything original at all. Is she supposed to be a Hutt slave? Do they have uniforms or something? :lol: :lol: I can see this being a FanBoy Fantasy... *gags*

Honestly, I don't have a problem with the Slave Leia costume, or with those who wish to costume in it... I have a problem with the lack of imagination shown in that comic! :D

I don't have a problem with the Slave Leia costume either, except if I had to wear it :eek: - that ain't gonna happen. :lol:
armor ain't for wimps
Oh,not that slave leia is wimpy, just that armor makes anyone so much more "tough" :)

Isn't all of Star Wars mostly testosterone driven? I mean, the first trilogy, there's only ONE chick in the entire saga of repute or is gutsy, like all the rest are slaves! :lol: C'mon Xena, step on up!

Oh, I totally agree with the lack of imagination on the huttese thing, but I think one of jabba's dancers (like from the same planet as greedo) has the same boulder holders. :lol:

When Star Wars first came out, the main audience for science fiction was young men... I started reading sci fi in the 7th grade (so in the mid 1960s), and I was the ONLY girl checking Asimov out of the school library. Sci fi is so mainstream now that it's hard to believe how RARE it was, then. (Of course, we only had three channels on t.v. and one was always showing a western!)

Look at Star Trek; it was one of the first really popular sci fi stories and there certainly weren't any main character kick-butt female types for many, many seasons!

I'm sure that's form a story of her 'past' life isn't? She was enslaved by some punk so she killed him, Jango loved her work so enroled her as a kick butt female bounty hunter...

Or something like that, LOL

Oh, SL8456 is right, that's the zam history. She got enslaved somehow.

Eh? Zam wasn't enslaved when she was wearing that get up. In that comic she'd worked her way into Dreddon the hutt's harem for an quieter/easier way to kill him for a bounty. Too bad Jango and Zam ended up killing each others employers so neither of them go paid, lol. Well, I suppose in some technicality she would count as a slave with the way hutt's run things, but she was there of her own accord.

But definetly agree in that the comic artists probably had fun with an excuse to draw another character in the 'slave leia' get up. :lol:

Thanks for the clarification! I never read the full comic. I should buy a copy to get the full history. ;) I should edit my post, SL8456 was semi-right? it was of her history, I only know that Zam was in search of some sorta artifact thing the, "Infant of Shaa." Didn't know the details of how she got into the slave"get-up"

Well, IMHO, the comic artist should've had a little more fun and used his imagination and come up with something a little more original... :rolleyes What is that the "official" Hutt slave outfit of the Star Wars Universe or something? Where is Jan Duursema when you need her??? *sighs*

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back