Mirta Gev

I think I see, then. I've sometimes wondered what exactly people meant by "Star Warsy." I've always felt that it had something to do with using real firearms from, say, WWII, and modifying them with greeblies. But the comment about Star Trek made me consider where the weight of the gun is. Here's Spock's phaser, and Luke's, Han's, a jawa blaster and a stormtrooper blaster:

71_phaser.jpg

luke_dl44.jpg

ANH_hero_MauserJune06.jpg

ion_blaster.jpg

blaster.jpg

All the Star Wars blasters seem heavy up front--in the barrel. Just a thought.

ioelus

Check out wookieepedia's blaster article: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Blaster
At the bottom is a section of blaster varients, from cannons to hold-out pistols. In those links are a lists of several different star wars blasters to choose from.

There's any even wider selection here at the Star Wars Galaxy wiki: http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Ranged_weapons
However, they over extend the use of mauser and british sterling designs.

I like the DE-10 personally. It's based off of the real world 1851 Navy Colt Revolver

Your doing a great job, I can't wait to see it finished. Keep it up!

Just a thought for the shaping of your chest armour... I spotted a pic in the forums on some new figures coming out that may be of some use for you :D
HS87467AAlg.jpg

Also shows partly some blasters the females have... have you ever thought of those water gun attachments for garden hoses. sometimes those hardware shops have some pretty cool stuff. Oh and the one that the red chick mando has looks very much like an Israeli Uzi Submachine gun... plenty of toys of them, especially smaller 'kid sized' ones.. add a few random greeblies and hey presto... :D

Thanks for making up this Mirta armor, when the next Karen Traviss LotF book comes out I can finally picture what she'd look like. Think I'm going to re-read Sacriface now!

Your armor, the whole kit is looking hot, Zam.

oh wow, I was looking back at some old female armor in the forums and look what I found:
finished.jpg

I'm not the only one who had that gun!

anyways, my suit is like amazingly close to being complete. The only thing that stands in my way is the chest and back armor!!!

I did make a duct tape mold of myself to see where I can go from there.

5.gif

Ive got to say it... but i didnt know that "Agent Sculley" from the X-Files was Boba Fett's grand-daughter.... :p

l_106e6427c0b8cb969b3052ef8539af5a.png

Lol had to chime in there :D

Hope its all going good :D btw did that pic of the new female Mandalores help out?

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm wondering... since I haven't read the books, what color is Mirta's armor?

I've seen the pic on Wookieepedia of the "Mandalorian Wedding", and her armor is shown as being orange/yellow... I take it in the book it is actually the grey/black combo?

I'm not making my own armor, but I am painting a miniature of her and want to make sure it looks "right". :)

I realize this is an old thread, but I'm wondering... since I haven't read the books, what color is Mirta's armor?

I've seen the pic on Wookieepedia of the "Mandalorian Wedding", and her armor is shown as being orange/yellow... I take it in the book it is actually the grey/black combo?

I'm not making my own armor, but I am painting a miniature of her and want to make sure it looks "right". :)

If I recall correctly, that art was taken from a Star Wars Insider article, and neither of those two Mandos were named. It was later retconed into being Mirta Gev. Her armor, as described in the novels she's in, is grey and black, as zammap's build is.

Mirta got a new, full kit -- including helmet -- when she got involved with Orade Vevut, from his father. The passage in Legacy of the Force: Revelation (page 49 in my copy) goes:

She [...] took off her helmet, the new one that Orade's father had made for her to match armor plates she had now painted a deep saffron

Karen and Tom (the artist) did things very deliberately in their art for those articles. That Mandalorian Wedding picture was a sort of of "premonition" of Mirta and Orade getting married at the end of Revelation.

She had started without a helmet at all, just the upper-body plates. From Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (page 60 in my copy):

She was wearing gray body armor, basic chest and back plates like a Mandalorian, with without colors or markings.

She grudgingly got a helmet in Sacrifice. That's about where this costume is capturing the character. :)

--Jonah

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back