Finally Some Progess.Eagleskull's "Tank" Mando

Thanks Darth Valcar means alot dude :D
Armor almost done, until i draw up some more concept on what i want to add I started work on my sidearm.
blaster-2.jpg

Still need to find a flash suppressor and some more lil details to add. Also wanted to give a ESB sidearm feel to it. Hope you Enjoy!

Did a test fit today, gotta say im liking how its coming out :D Just need to fit the thigh armor better so they dont sag and strap the leg armor on better.
f.jpg

f1.jpg

Yep, I do need arm armor heh, after reviewing the pictures i noticed it looked bare. Now I need to figure what look i want for the arm armor. Thanks again for the comments ;) oh if you have any suggestion for it, just go ahead and add

If your not planning on using gauntlets, then I suggest putting a bicep plate that goes from the bottom of your shoulder armor to maybe 1 inch above your elbow. That will kill alot of dead space and make up for the loss of gaunt armor IMHO.

Give it a nice contour like you did your shin guards and that should look spectacular.

Dang, thats one heckofa design! :eek: I'm enspecaily digging the back plate, thats one of the best paintjobs I've ever seen on a custom.:cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres one of my favorite picture from a SDcosplay photoshot. Cant wait till Comic Con to style this out.
flawless.jpg

Heres one of my favorite picture from a SDcosplay photoshot. Cant wait till Comic Con to style this out.
IMG_1039.jpg
The paint job on the gauntlets are cool, but you may want to replace it with something else, the look of the soccer gaurds doesnt quite look right.
It is lookin good dude, keep it up.

Looks good Eagleskull =) I know you want everything ready for SDCC and I think it is. I would say that when time and money present themselves, make your gauntlets the first upgrade you do =), but you look good to go for ComicCon.

Nice pictures. I do like the idea of leaving off the armor on the upper arm.

And that last pic with the flower is giving Dessel ideas. ;)

Nice suit. I'm a bit of tank myself, so this has appeal. ;) I'm looking at a fairly non-traditional setup for myself (after getting Zannah's armor crafted, of course). My natural preferences don't quite align with what you've done, but I do like it all the same. You definitely present an interesting inspiration.

Oh. I'm still new to all of this, so may I ask what material is the core of your armor and what basic techniques you used to craft it?

And that last pic with the flower is giving Dessel ideas. ;)
And that is the truth.

Material used Sintra or PVC Foam Board and techniques just drawings, my hands and an Xacto knife along with a heat gun. IF you have more questions dont mind to ask.

Thanks a lot for that, Eagleskull. Do you have any complaints with your materials and techniques?

Once again, lots of respect for the custom job. It's cool and impressive. Great work!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back