TDH Rebrand Fix List

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
This thread will be used strictly to post issues regarding the new colors and layouts within TDH. Please do not use this thread to express how much you like/dislike the new themes and layouts, but to post very specific issues, concerns and suggestions.

Issue #1 - No cursor in Mac OS X, seen mostly in Safari browser. This apparently is an issue specific to Mac OS X's built-in text fields. The cursor is always black. You can see the same thing in TextEdit, in a document with a black background. Other browsers such as Firefox uses a different text-editing scheme, with its own cursor.

Issue #1 affects - Mac users, especially those using Safari.

Issue #1 solution - Change edit and input fields to a non-black color.

Issue #1 status - resolved - verified by Mac user.

Issue #2 - Gradients in PNG header images do not match background graident in Mac OS X, seen mostly in Safari browser. This apparently is an issue specific to Safari as images saved with "Save As..." in Photoshop for PNGs, get additional RGB info in the file than while "Save for Web..." images do not. Apparently, Safari is picking up this additional info and rendering it differently.

Issue #2 affects - Mac users, especially those using Safari.

Issue #2 solution - Replace PNG "save as" images with PNG "save for web" images.

Issue #2 status - resolved - verified by Mac user.

Issue #3 - Boba Dark theme is hard on the eyes. Dark themes are inherently harder on the eyes than light themes, but the Boba Dark theme is especially hard on the eyes. Contrast needs to be softened.

Issue #3 affects - All members.

Issue #3 solution - none.

Issue #3 status - WIP.

Issue #4 - New threads are not clearly marked. Bold text is not easy to see and Salve I logo is too similar for new and old threads. Need clear indicator of new threads at the forum level.

Issue #4 affects - All members.

Issue #4 solution - none.

Issue #4 status - WIP.

Are you saying Issue #2 is resolved? Because I just reloaded my Safari browser (Several times just to be sure) and it's still got the same issues with the gradients in the images. Same on both the Boba and the Jango themes. So, I don't think the "saving" of the PNG images was the issue.

Are you saying Issue #2 is resolved? Because I just reloaded my Safari browser (Several times just to be sure) and it's still got the same issues with the gradients in the images. Same on both the Boba and the Jango themes. So, I don't think the "saving" of the PNG images was the issue.

I just tried this in Safari. The images are cached. If you hold down the Option key and click the refresh button a few times, the images will get fixed.

Um ... Yeah.. :facepalm It's been a Monday. Okay! ;) My bad. It also helps to just wipe your cache out every once in a while. :D Looks much better now.

Issue #5 - Users must go through menuing system on front page to reach forums. Users would like to be able to quickly single-click to reach forums.

Issue #5 affects - All members.

Issue #5 solution - Large member graphic and TDH logo to right of menuing system is now clickable and will take member directly to forum index.

Issue #5 status - Tested and resolved thanks to Count Dookie.

Just found that some of the links blend in with the grey text boxes. For exmple, when I logged in the "click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you" link was the same color gray as the box. I could only tell it was there when it darkened if I moved my cursor over it.

I've been having problems with the search feature, if I use one word there's usually no problem but if I use 2 it tells me there's a minimum of 3 words required.

The home page menu comes up waaay over on the right so you have to scroll over to go direct to the part you want. It was working before tho

Could be, have'nt changed anything. I'm running 1024x768 and when you click on the selections on the left the new menu appears way over on the right.
tdhfc3.th.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Could be, have'nt changed anything. I'm running 1024x768 and when you click on the selections on the left the new menu appears way over on the right.

This bug got reintroduced on the C4-specific home page. This will probably be fixed again very soon.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back