TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!!

Art Andrews

Community Founder
Community Staff
Welcome back to a new and improved TDH!

If you are a frequent visitor to The Dented Helmet and you are reading this post, then you already have seen a piece of our rebranding efforts in the new theme for the board. This change has been a long time coming and is a result of the work of many people. We have wanted a more solidified look for several years but have not had the time or talent to do so. Our acceptance by Lucasfilm to setup a booth at C4 gave us the push we needed to finally do what should have been done long ago.

Below are some examples of the new logo in various uses and a glimpse of what our booth at C4 will look like! I am sure some of you will love it immediately and some will have reservations at first. Some of you might even dislike the new look, but please give it a while and let it grow on you. One of our reasons for showing it BEFORE C4 is to give everyone a chance to see and acclimate themselves to the new look. I truly feel that after years of wishful thinking, we finally have a unified and distinct look and feel to go with our very unique community!

Here are the two variations of our new logo.

tdh_logo_01.jpg

tdh_logo_02.jpg

Our TDH business card. These can be customized for personal use as well. We will have files available soon to do so.

tdh_business_card.jpg

The new TDH T-Shirt, available soon from Monkey in a Dryer! If you still would like a classic TDH shirt (with the angels logo), they will still be available until May 25, 2007. After May 25, the classic TDH shirt will be retired for good.

tdh_shirts.jpg

And of course, what many have been waiting for; the concept art for our banners for the C4 booth:

tdh_booth.jpg

I would like to thank the following people for their hard work in helping make this rebrand happen:

First and foremost, Gino Sabatino, known on most boards simply as "GINO" offered his services to oversee the entire project and came up with the new logo and look. Gino is a graphic designer and marketing director and his skills and talent were invaluable. I cannot begin to thank him for his efforts, long hours, and educating us in regard to what we needed to have an effective look vs what we thought we wanted.

Next, I must thank Shockwave for the work he performed in creating the new board themes and icons. He was incredibly patient as we redid and critiqued his work again and again. Our members have been begging for a Boba theme for the past 5 years and Shockwave has finally provided one.

Next, I must thank Count Dookie who singlehandedly rewrote our frontpage in css and javascript, making it incredibly slick, and easy to update. As with Rodney, Rich showed an incredible amount of patience as he was asked to "fix" one thing after another on a page that was already nearing perfection.

I also want to thank all of those who donated to the C4 fund. Your generosity was overwhelming to say the least and helped prompt us to make this change. We truly hope this new, more uniform look helps solidify the sense of community and oneness all the more and gives you a "home" that you can be proud of.

Thanks to the admin staff for their comments and thoughts and patience as we reworked the look again and again!

As you see, we only have images of TDH members in our banners and frontpage, no images of the screen used costumes. YOU are a large part of this rebranding and your efforts in regard to your costume building has helped to provide us with graphical elements unlike any other venue on the net. My helmet is off to those represented and those who will be represented in the future in our banners and frontpage as we plan to add more and more rotating images. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to use your work to help take the look of this board to the next level. As has always been the case, it is you, our members who have made this board what it is. Thank you all.

Finally, this upgrade is still a WIP. There will be minor changes and improvements as we have time. Two of the big things that are at the top of the list are finishing up a light boba and light jango theme. If you have any suggestions for improving any part of the new layout, please post here and we will take your comments into consideration. Thanks again and we hope you enjoy the new board!

I love the new look.

Also though, There are only a limited amount of people on the main page, and such, How do you get your picture up there?

Do you have to have your photo taken By Braks Buddy?

I feel like I felt when I saw the Arizona Diamondbacks redid their team colours. The redesign is pretty cool, but it will take a little while to get used to, I don't feel that the text and background colours are blending well, it's taking a toll on my eyes. What I really dislike is the use of "elite," I don't want the board to have an attitude that we are better than others. Another thing I'm not fond of is when I go to the homepage, I have to go to a subdirectory to choose which forum I want to enter, I much preferred it when you simply clicked on Forums and it took you there. I do love the visor and dent design though.

Nice improvement.

I want to point one thing out: When you click a member profile (tried it with mine), the "view all posts by ___" wording blends with the background.
I don't know if you knew, but I thought I'd point it out.

Nice improvement.

I want to point one thing out: When you click a member profile (tried it with mine), the "view all posts by ___" wording blends with the background.

You are right about that, lol. I wouldn't have known it was there if I didn't know any better.

I absolutely love the new theme!!!! Gotta say I fell in love with it immediately!!! Although, I'm bummed that my pic is no longer in the front page rotation. :( Great work everybody!!!!
D

Also though, There are only a limited amount of people on the main page, and such, How do you get your picture up there?

Do you have to have your photo taken By Braks Buddy?

Brak's Buddy handled most of the images and the front page. He can answer those questions.

I feel like I felt when I saw the Arizona Diamondbacks redid their team colours. The redesign is pretty cool, but it will take a little while to get used to

This is to be expected and completely understandable. We hope everyone will give the new look a chance, even if it initially strikes you as a bit odd. Chance is aways somewhat uncomfortable.

What I really dislike is the use of "elite," I don't want the board to have an attitude that we are better than others.

We struggled with that single word more than any other element in this redesign. I don't doubt that there will be a number of people who take great exception to the use of the word "elite." In recent times it has become popular for people to use this term in a negative light and to accuse some of being "elitist." Well, we are now ALL elitist. There are a number of definitions for the word "elite" but the one that won me over and convinced me that this was the word to use to describe this community was: "a group of persons exercising the major share of authority or influence within a larger group." That is all of you. That is this community. Because of your determination and attention to detail you have become the group who excercise a MAJOR influence over the entire group Fett based comstumers. You guys and girls are the best of the best. This is not arroagnce. This is not attitude. This is simple fact. You should never lord it over someone, but should use it to help others and share what you know. This is what makes you elite.

Another thing I'm not fond of is when I go to the homepage, I have to go to a subdirectory to choose which forum I want to enter, I much preferred it when you simply clicked on Forums and it took you there.

This is already on the list of things to fix. I am not quite sure how we will do it, but we will have a single click to get to the forums again.

I do love the visor and dent design though.

Credit for this design goes 100% to Gino.

Thanks. We will add this to the "things to fix" list.

I think it's hard to read the titles of topics when looking at the forum, what does everyone else thing?

While the Boba theme is the current default theme, there is also a Jango theme you can try out and see if you like better. As I mentioned before, we will also be working on a light based Jango and a light based Boba theme in the next couple of weeks.

This is to be expected and completely understandable. We hope everyone will give the new look a chance, even if it initially strikes you as a bit odd. Chance is aways somewhat uncomfortable.
What I thought was funny is that the boards reminded me directly of the Diamondback's colour change, but the update was for the best. I love how everything is now Fett related, even the little "Reply" button; which would be awesome animated ;-)

Thanks to everyone who was able to put this together!

I really like the new boards, and new logos.

I REALLY REALLY like that my Fett is the Fett on the top of the boards!!!

:D Glad you like it! We hope to eventually have the Fett at the top of the board be a rotating image like the images on the front page.

I really like the new look. It's definitely different, and it seems that some people prefer the simplistic old style. So far, I really like this look. It is a little more of a strain on the eyes however, but so is color television.

I absolutely love the new theme!!!! Gotta say I fell in love with it immediately!!! Although, I'm bummed that my pic is no longer in the front page rotation. :( Great work everybody!!!!
D

I know that all the images in the rotation for the front page are not back in place yet due to difficulties in finding good background graphics. Give us a little time and I think you will see yours back as well as new members!

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back