TDH Rebrand - In Progress!!!

So far so good!

The color palette is a lot like what I used for my Boba costume web pages :)

I too would like to get in on the image rotation action, but that's certainly a minor thing.

One REALLY minor CSS quibble... For me at least (Safari 2.0.4 / MacOS 10.4.9), the cursor in the text entry box is black. On a black background, that means I can't actually tell where the cursor is, which makes going back to edit text tough.

For rotating the image on the forum pages, I came up with a neat trick for doing that on the 501st NEG site.

If vBulletin is anything like phpBB, you can't include PHP code in the templates.

What I did was to make a negcss.php page, that would generate the style sheet for the page.

The PHP code for randomizing an image is in negcss.php, so it basically defines the style differently on page loads. Sort of clumsy, but it worked around the limitations in the board without resorting to client side code (javascript and friends).

Yah, it is easier with the Jango version, (Mac user) but I have the problem like the RPF where I can't see my cursor when I type.
I like the realness to the jango and boba costumes to the left rather than it being a silhoette or cartoony or drawn, (but I know you guys will really get this from all the non-fetters,) we miss zam ;) But in all humbleness...as long as you don't delete our boards. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the new theme, congrats and thankyou to everyone who worked on it! However, like others have said, it's really hard on the eyes to read the threads. The contrast of the white lettering on the dark backgrounds is really hard to look at and becomes a bit irritating on the eye after a short while. The Yellow / Mustard colour of the font in the "quotes" is a little softer and much easier to read!
Other than that it's great
Cheers
KidAkira

Thanks. This may be a PNG issue. Many of our graphics are PNG due to issues we had with JPG compression affecting the red gradient. It would seem that Safari or perhaps Macs in general are rendering the PNGs differently than it is rendered on a PC. This is on our "thing to fix" list.

Here's How the masthead looks on my screen...

Last edited:
I love the new look. I am running Firefox on Linux and I can read Themes with no problem.

:cheers I love the new look and the new logo. Great work guys. (y)

Dent ...

In the rebranding teaser thread you posted this:

The Dent said:
It is important that our members understand that the new logo represents the board as a whole, not a specific group, much like the three circled mouse head silhouette represents Disney as a whole. There is not a silhouette of Goofy and Pluto and Donald and Minnie... all fall under the single mickey-shaped logo. Saying that "most of us will be equally unrepresented" is, not only incorrect, but a gross misunderstanding of the purpose of the logo. No, there will not be anything specifically representing Zam, or Jodo Kast, Durge, or the Dented Variants on the logo. In regard to Jango, we have added a slight twist to give him some representation, but that is not the point. While the logo is strongly boba based, it is the logo for the board and site as a whole. It doesn't mean that Zam or any of the dented variants are not welcome. Quite frankly, we are moving away from a logo that directly depicts each of the character because there may be room in TDH's future for MORE forums and MORE characters. However, we will not rebrand each time that happens and add the new character to the logo. We want a single logo that is timeless and unchanging. Something that is simple, scalable, easily recognizable, like the Nike swoosh or the McDonald's arches, and something that compliments the site name "The Dented Helmet." While the logo has yet to be finalized, I am extremely pleased with the progress that has been made and believe that most will be happy with it as well. Change is always uncomfortable and you can't please everyone, but once the new logo is in place, I believe most will see that it gives the board and site a much more professional look and feel and gives us a single image under which we can rally.

D

What is the twist you gave to the logo to represent Jango?

On a technical note, the "Buy TDH Shirts!" link is not working. Looks like monkeyinadryer is going through some changes too. :)

Gator

not sure about this yet. very rough on th eyes. there is just too much contrast with the colors

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back